1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling Watercooling COmponents

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by w4rr1or, 28 Feb 2005.

1. w4rr1or

w4rr1or What's a Dremel?

Here are my final decision about my first watercooling system.. tell me what you think!:)

Black Ice Extreme III Chrome
    Danger Den - TDX Water Block for p4
    Danger Den - Maze 4 VGA Water Block
    Danger Den Round (Cylindrical) Reservoir
    Tygon 3603 Tubing ( 7 feet )
    Danger Den DD12V-D4 Pump

Im gonna watercool:

Intel P4 3.0E @ 3.5ghz
    1gb Kingston Value Ram PC3200 Dual Chan
    Geforce Mx440 128mb ( my 6800gt accidently smashed into two )

SO.. what do u think!?

2. Leeum

Leeum What's a Dremel?

All looks fine from here :D Only thing i will say is the BIXIII is a little overkill, tbh you would notice all of 2°C difference between that and the BIXII. Considering the price difference i'd say go for a the BIXII. Any plans on getting another video card in the future? It might be an idea to go for the new Acetel Maze4 GPU, it'll give you nVIDIA 6xxx support if you ever get round to buying another :) How did you manage to smash it in two? :eek:

3. w4rr1or

w4rr1or What's a Dremel?

My thermaltake silent tower managed to fell on it.. and bye bye 450$ :( .. Are you sure that the BIXII is close to BIXIII?

4. Leeum

Leeum What's a Dremel?

Yup, for the type of hardware you'll be running you'll see no differrence. They only outperform when you're running stuff like a fully pelted rig :D
    Why aren't i surprised a Thermaltake product killed it, air cooling is getting beyond the joke these days, especially from Thermaltake :rolleyes:

5. w4rr1or

w4rr1or What's a Dremel?

can you tell me what Pelts are ?? and what a pelted computer is please?

6. Darv

Darv Bling!!

Pelts are basically for cooling below freezing. When they are powered one side of the pelt cools down and one side heats up. Do a search in this forum and you will find some examples and a better explanation :worried:

7. Leeum

Leeum What's a Dremel?

Yup, it stands for thermo electric cooling. One side gets hot the other gets cold, the block takes away the heat and the cool side goes well into sub zero. The extra heat taxes the radiator quite a bit, that's when a triple begins to shine :D

8. Marvt74

Marvt74 What's a Dremel?

Yeah i wouldnt recommend a single 120.1 rad for pelts. As it can only cool as well as heat is taken away, if the rad cant' dissipate the heat from the water the pelt wont cool down as much and bye bye cpu.

But you'd be looking aroun 10C of so with pelts they just requiremore knowledge, much more fun though :)

Also you planning on cooling the gfx aswell, you just mentioned those specs but not sure what you intend to cool.

Tags: