1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Way of the Gun: What Mechanics Should 2017's Shooters Steal?

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Dogbert666, 11 Jan 2017.

1. Dogbert666

Dogbert666 *Fewer Staff Administrator

2. dstarr3

dstarr3 New Member

All I want is for regenerating-health military shooters to go away.

3. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Titanfall sounds interesting.
    One thing I've hated lately is games that reward exploring with death. "Oh, you stepped out of the prepared corridor onto a rocky ledge? -Boom! you are dead."

4. Anfield

Anfield Well-Known Member

Just make sure the guns work properly like in Doom, feel free to experiment with the rest:D

5. VipersGratitude

VipersGratitude Well-Known Member

Another list I see....from the school of "look at these games, look at them".

I think it's arguable that bit-tech is a site of intellectual expertise bordering on obsession. People here spend time thinking about the colour of the screws they'll use to mount their ssd on custom 3d-printed standoffs. When they get the thing running, they'll go on to tweaking clock speeds, and ram timings, refresh rates (oh my!). The hardware-centric articles and news reflect this. There is an expertise in those articles, born from a lifetime of obsession...

Then there's the gaming side. The gaming articles don't investigate games. There's no expertise beyond treating them as consumer goods with a risk/reward ratio. The tone is completely different. It's a console-deep interest in games, rather than a PC-deep interest in games - Often lists, just like this one. Meanwhile, this is what your counterparts/competitors were doing years ago - https://youtu.be/xBN3R0m31bA

I just think it would be more fulfilling for everyone - including you - if you, a games journalist, took more interest in games.

Tags: Add Tags