1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WC LianLi pc70 - 7 Jan

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by cannon, 9 Nov 2006.

1. Crazyglue

Crazyglue What's a Dremel?

vote for #2!

wow ur system is rediculously good looking.... i wish i had the talent to just do that.

2. Hazza

Hazza What's a Dremel?

From reviews I've read, those fans seem pretty good for noise levels, and it looks like you get a decent airflow too. Not the cheapest, but probably a good choice otherwise.

For connecting the fans, my fan controller came with extensions. These connected to the back of the controller and ended in a male 3-pin fan header, which I place as close to my fans as possible. If you've got or can get these, they make life a lot easier. You could probably make some by hacking apart old crappy fans.

Otherwise, botch your own extensions. Connect old fan headers to the controller, run the wire to nearby where each fan is, and put some barrier strip on the end. You can swap out fans pretty easily this way, but its by not as ideal as proper extensions, as youll probably have to cut the proper 3-pin headers off your fans. Hope you get what I mean!

3. cannon

cannon What's a Dremel?

I think I get what youre saying, thanks for that.

Im not going to rewire the entire fan loom but rather just chop it off just before the end of the sleeving and put some plugs on each end (trying to figure out which ones) so its easy to chop and change fans (just incase) - also means no soldering etc inside my case which is a bonus.

Will only be swapping the threee 120mm's and they will continue to run off the current controller.

Paul