1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling WC part order

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Guido, 19 Jul 2004.

1. Guido

Guido What's a Dremel?

(For parts I'm interested in, see here.)

OK, I'm wondering about what order I should put my WC'ing parts in? Should it go: pump>cpu>rad>res and then back to the pump? What do you suggest?

2. slater

slater Mummy Says Im Special

What ever is easyest. Aslong as the pump is direcly after the res it wont make any differance.

3. Guido

Guido What's a Dremel?

Sweeeeeeeeet! Thanks :rock:

4. thorilan

thorilan What's a Dremel?

put your rad after the pump so that any pump heat is added before it hits the rad . this isnt required but it might shave off a C or 2 if it doesnt add to much restriction to your setup by adding tube length

so i would go

res>pump>rad>block>

5. Guido

Guido What's a Dremel?

In digging around yesterday I came across an article at ProCooling that said that order was good. But now I have another question that is probably equally important. The ProCooling article stated that either your res or an air trap needs to be the highest point in the loop. At what point will this be effective? Meaning, 1" above the next lowest part in the loop, 5" above the next lowest part? 1" is 1" but will 1" work. (I hope this makes sense.) Reason for asking is because what I have in mind, the res's in/out barbs may be only inches above the next lowest part.

6. slater

It does not 'need' to be higher than the rest of the loop but it helps if it is. 1" higher will be fine. Its all about getting the system to bleed out properly. If the res is at the top you can do most of the bleeding without attualy having to turn the pump on which makes things a bit easyer.

What thorilan posted is correct in theroy but in practice there is no differance. This is because water temp does not change as it moves around the loop by any noticable degree (less than 1C). You must also take into account other factors. The main one is that the more tubing you use the more restrictive the loop willl become so therefore it is best to position componants in a way that the least tubing is used. If it mans having cpu directly after the pump then do it that way. :thumb:

7. Guido

Guido What's a Dremel?

OK, that helps me out.

On the length of the tubing. I'll be running 1/2" ID between all components at very short distances, excluding the water block. Probably no more than 10" for any one tube. Now the tubes going to the CPU will be long. My guess is around 2-3ft. You don't think I'll run into any problems? Pump will more than likely be a Swiftech MCP600.

How does one properly bleed a system?

8. slater

You wont have problems. It may effect temps by a miniscule amount but dont worry.

Tags: