1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WD 250 SATA drive Boot issue

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Darkedge, 16 May 2005.

1. Darkedge

Darkedge New Member

I have a Shuttle XPC SN95G5.. I've been using a normal PATA 60 gb hd in it and now I wish to more to using only a 250gb Western Digital SE SATA drive, which i have.
    I've tried installing Windows XP 64 on it and the HD seems to not be bootable at all. Checks, formats drive, copies files reboots and then says error reading OS.
    Is the SATA interface on these kits not bootable or is there something wrong with my drive - I've updated the BIOS and still no joy.
    Any ideas as it's driving me insane.
    Ta

2. Go4t

Go4t i

did the drive come with a cd?
    if it did it may need to run that before it actually works

3. Mother-Goose

Mother-Goose 5 o'clock somewhere

i had exactly the same propb with XP Pro Sp2, the hdd was a 120gb spinpoint sata, put the drivers from the disket in, but still nothing, had to get a 40gb IDE for the OS but in a shuttle i know thats not a luxury you have, im not sure what to suggest.

4. Darkedge

Darkedge New Member

no disk - plain drive oem.
    will check with WD anyway

5. Darkedge

Darkedge New Member

I've checked it needs a driver raid disk which i've subsequently tried. Still doesn't work.

I wish Nvidia would pull it's finger out of their arse and release some proper Windows XP 64 drivers, WITH A RAID SETUP DISK.
    Their website was little use and gave the wrong information to make a raid disk and even then the bloody 64bit drivers are still in beta (why?? it's been released - catch up) and DON'T BLOODY WORK!

gah.

Anybody got any more bright ideas?