1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Education We Like to Ride Bicycles

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 8 May 2008.

1. legoman

legoman breaker of things

This is indeed a heinous crime we must inform the Velominati it is the only recourse we have.

2. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

The fork may be a eeny weeny bit too long LOL.

[​IMG]

I can't cut it until the new spacers arrive though, so yeah.

3. Vault-Tec

FFS. It was all going too well. Firstly the brake doesn't reach the rim. It wouldn't matter how much you slammed the wheel either. That said the wheel is slammed now, yet the brake still doesn't make it. As such I've pissed around for hours and concluded I am going to need these.

[​IMG]

After 5 days of waiting my Hope stuff was finally out for delivery. So I waited, and I waited, and I waited, and.

[​IMG]

Oh f*****g super !

4. Vault-Tec

Managed to cobble together enough spacers to do the correct spacing. Looks like crap, but at least I could cut the fork and get the bike upright.

[​IMG]

And now we wait.

5. Vault-Tec

Oh and before you say it. Yes the chain is going, but I found out why this bike was a grand new. That chain is £60, and right now I can't ride it any way. I will get the same or better in black when I can actually ride it.

6. SuperHans123

SuperHans123 Multimodder

Cracking bike that

7. Vault-Tec

Thanks dude. I think if I had a car I could pour all of my love into that, but that isn't happening so yeah it's deffo my baby.

I will get some scales when it is done. The only weight going on now though is the rear brake and the brake cables. I am aiming for 15lb, though that might be ambitious. Stock weight was 20, IIRC, and it had lots of steel parts on. Glad of a couple of days off now, as I took a freewheel tooth to the finger and it hurts like heck lol.

SuperHans123 likes this.
  8. Vault-Tec

I hate Campagnolo. So not only does the rear brake not reach, but after finally building up the courage to drill the back side of the brake mount hole to take the countersunk threaded sleeve I found out the sleeve is not long enough. I have never had such a ball ache with any part ever. Have ordered another, but more waiting.

[​IMG]

You would think at the prices they charge they would give you two. So that, you know? it will definitely fit your bloody bike.

9. legoman

Meanwhile, My orange bike worked flawlessly today, only issue was I had some shooting pain in my foot so that ended the ride rather quick.

[​IMG]

Vault-Tec likes this.
  10. Vault-Tec

Orange bike cheesecake

11. Vault-Tec

Royal liars ! Both items came today, along with the brake cables, and the addresses were bloody fine.

[​IMG]

An enormous relief.

12. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

What shoes are you wearing?

13. Vault-Tec

Oh yeah. I bought a seat clamp. Got an orange Elite from Superstar.

[​IMG]

I also made a discovery yesterday. About 5 years ago I was crawling through the sales on Chain Reaction and I happened upon this set of Nuke Proof Horizon Ti pedals.

[​IMG]

I wanted a set of "DX style" platform pedals for a BMX of mine. Didn't want the clip on hardware so I removed it. Any way, I removed them the year after and threw them in a box. Now I am thinking about stripping them, putting them in some oven cleaner (after removing all of the pins and axles etc) and stripping off the anno. Now I wouldn't normally bother, but the orange pedals I have now are quite large. Meaning if you have your foot out front and steer you tend to hit the front wheel. This is because you are supposed to use strap on the original tiny pedals, but I don't like that. So yeah, might get onto those. Beautiful pedals. I got them for £60 RRP is £180.

SuperHans123 likes this.
  14. legoman

Giro Privateers, been wearing them for ages no issue just yesterday, think I bruised my foot digging mashing it onto the spade. Only flared up there because the shoes are better fitted an a more supportive arch.

15. Vault-Tec

[​IMG]

Chicken on a bear.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

SuperHans123 likes this.
  16. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

Those shoes look OK, just read a review of them. I use a mattock to deal with really hard soil and, our soil is hard when it's dry because it's full of clay. When I was doing a lot of cycling, I had a pair of Time shoes for at least 8 years. They had a really stiff carbon sole, great on the bike, even on a 12 hour TT, hopeless to walk in, dangerous on a smooth floor!

17. Vault-Tec

I once had some Shimano SPD shoes. I never used the clip bit, but did like the reinforced sole. They were like skate shoes too, so nice and trendy (like beige suede with a beige rubber front kinda like the Nike court shoes).

My seat clamp came. It's a 38.1. Good, unless you needed a 31.8 /facepalm. My fault too !

18. legoman

Yeah same kind of ground here solid clay so it turns to rock an cracks up pretty quick. Never had issues with those or my giro empires. Does seem to be just that foot being annoying. Mind you way the weather's going I'll be back in my northwave GTX winter boots end of the week!

Mr_Mistoffelees likes this.
  19. Vault-Tec

Well after double checking it was indeed my error on the seat clamp. Not going to bother returning it, would be more hassle than it's worth. Got this for £4 delivered. Did some reading, and it seems Bowman used to make really nice racing bikes until they went bust because of Covid. Going to be a common trend that :(

[​IMG]

20. SuperHans123

SuperHans123 Multimodder