1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Education We Like to Ride Bicycles

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 8 May 2008.

1. Hamish

Hamish What's a Dremel?

thats a spectacularly bad photo lol

2. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Multimodder

Sorry for the caps lock Fibre but WILL YOU STOP POSTING PICS OF REMEDY'S, YOU KNOW I WANT ONE YOU T**T.

3. Tomm

Tomm I also ride trials :¬)

Yeah but it's not just about the weight. Riding position and suspension action are far more important. The Froggy will be a relatively slack bike, and if the suspension is designed for hammering down hills, it'll be wallowy on uphills. There's no way it'll feel easier up hills than your enduro. But it might feel nicer on the downs :D

That does look very nice, but that's an utterly insane amount of money. Especially for a bike that's not really any good for any form of racing (with the possible exception of a megavalance-style "enduro DH"). It's just a bike for idiots to spank loads of cash on IMO :p

(Or maybe I'm just jealous of people that have that much to spend on bikes?)

4. Ice Tea

Ice Tea Minimodder

[​IMG]

Last edited: 31 Jul 2009
  5. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

The alloy Remedy is a great bike, it handles 6ft hucks, jumps well and you can ride it up hill. If you can pick one up for a good price I would recommend it.

6. Mickenoss

Mickenoss What's a Dremel?

Dude, go to real shop, Halfords SUCK! :duh: It'll cost you a fiver for a full gear tweak, and to be honest halfords should do it for free anyways as new bikes always need the gears tweaking with all the cable stretching in the early days.

And if the front mech rubs the chainset, get them to sort it quick too. The shop I worked in did this stuff while you wait, it's very quick so for them to say it'll take weeks is rubbish, just lose your temper, that works :D Oh, and nine times out of ten the front mech was bent/twisted because people kept pedalling while changing up into a bigger gear, so go easy on it.

7. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder

To any road bikers.

Whats a great pair of road bike shoes, going to take the clips off, size 12, budget £75?

thank you

8. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

dhb (from Wiggle) are pretty good budget shoes.

9. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder

Thank you very much for the info, I just got recommend

good price at crc

[​IMG]

I snapped them up with a by 1pm dispatch tommorow by royal mail not sure if it will arrive on saturday.

One thing I will say thou is that some one mentioned if you want to walk even a few feet your better off get a pair of these

[​IMG]
    mbt shoes

thanks thou mate :thumb:

Last edited by a moderator: 30 Jul 2009
  10. TheoGeo

TheoGeo What are these goddamn animals?!

Yes! i've got those shoes. Although they do seem a bit narrow for me and since they're cycling shoes they're still very stiff so don't plan on climbing any mountains in them.

I'd say go for the SPDs, I've had no trouble with them. Haven't fallen off once, always been able to unclip in time

11. Malvolio

Malvolio .

OK! Have a gander at my new frame (as of friday):

[​IMG]

Planned build: XTR cranks/derailleur/shifters/brakes, FUNN soljam viper pedals, Fox 36 talas fork, Mag 30 or S-type wheelset, envy stem, envy bar, axiom lock-on grips, Maxxis ignitor 26x2.3 tires, Joplin seatpost, XO saddle, undecided on chain guide though...

12. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

So I'm Goggling parts for my Schwinn Cruiser 5 - 26" fat tire, 5 spd restoration project. Looking for tanks and a 4 slot rear carrier and Google gives me this?

[​IMG]

Bitch Cruiser?

Need a bit of algorithm rework Google.

john

13. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

Never had a problem walking in SPD-SLs - well designed cleat for walking in.

14. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

That's a pretty expensive build by the sounds of it :eek:

15. notatoad

notatoad pretty fing wonderful

nah, he steals all the parts from work :D

i blew a tire yesterday, it was really weird. it was running a little low, so i pumped it up at a shop on the way home to about 45psi. then i got home and was sitting on the deck eating lunch and heard a pop. when i went to put my bike away later, i saw a ~1" hole in my sidewall. i don't think i'm going to go tubeless anymore.

Last edited: 2 Aug 2009
  16. Malvolio

Malvolio .

Lies! They're not "stolen", the parts are just simply "borrowed for testing purposes"! Honest!

That is far more common than you would think.

About two weeks ago one of the bikes I had built was hanging up in the basement (I'm building faster than the salespeople can sell them), when one of it's tires just randomly exploded (kenda nevegal, 26x2.3 @ 45psi-ish). Took out part of the side-wall, and most of the tube itself was ejected through the hole in the tire. Was quite a site.

17. notatoad

notatoad pretty fing wonderful

hmmm, mine was a nevegal too.

just bought a 2.25 ardent to replace it, off to ride now...

18. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

I had a play with a Froggy today... Great bike, but far too heavy for what I want... It's a proper meaty bike though. Great fun in the Alps with nice chair lifts I bet!

The Zesty though! That is a nice bike. I think I might have to have one!

19. tranc3

tranc3 ADHD Modder

[​IMG]
    just picked this up as a starter bike, going to pick up some forks for it later on and a few other things. pretty solid bike so far tho.

Last edited: 9 Aug 2009
  20. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Multimodder

I loved my Schwinn, shame they went all crap here in the UK after around 05. God I miss riding my bike, 7 more weeks and mabey.

/gets down on knees and begs.