1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blogs We should be applauding No Man's Sky for letting us believe

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Dogbert666, 10 Aug 2016.

1. leexgx

leexgx CPC hang out zone (i Fix pcs i do )

beaglerush (twitch beagleandjam) really blasted this on the stream (already had refund and trying to get refund on the jams account)

your always doing the same thing (just bigger ships that have larger storage slots )

2. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Staff Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I'm surprised to find that people are surprised that this is the case. It was the case for Elite in 1984, for Frontier: Elite II, for Frontier: First Encounters, and even for Elite: Dangerous today. You fly ships; you fight; you mine; you trade; you take the income from all of that and buy a bigger ship to better fly, fight, mine, trade. That's yer lot (bar a few bonuses in Frontier and the like, such as acting as an intergalactic taxi service or finding information about missing persons and collecting the rewards.)

It's a formula you can apply to almost any game. The Diablo franchise? "You're always doing the same thing (clicking on enemies to kill 'em), just bigger weapons that do more damage." The Doom franchise? "You're always doing the same thing (clicking on enemies to kill 'em), just bigger weapons that do more damage. Any racing game? "You're always doing the same thing (racing cars), just better cars that go faster."

3. surya kumar

surya kumar What's a Dremel?

Is it can be play in VR

4. Godzmack

Godzmack What's a Dremel?

Most games just do a better job of hiding it while No Man's Sky is about collecting inventory slots to collect materials to collect materials faster. Every planet has the same things but is skinned differently, variety is non existent.
    Feel like questing? Warp 7 times, collect atlas stone and then warp 5 times for an atlas stone. Now do this 8 more times.

5. VipersGratitude

VipersGratitude Multimodder

Dude, level with me, did you read some article on stickiness that said controversy will boost engagement or something? You write so much nonsense...

Tags: Add Tags