1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weapons of Mass destruction found!

Discussion in 'Serious' started by Bbq.of.DooM, 22 Jun 2006.

1. Bbq.of.DooM

Bbq.of.DooM Custom User Title

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,200499,00.html

2. Glider

Glider /dev/null

If you asses that something exists, doesn't that mean you do not have proof?
    They cleaned out their own basement or something?

3. Breach

Breach Modding in Exile

Our tax dollars hard at work...

4. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

This does not make any sense, I'm afraid. The quotes are verbatim from the memo, but I still can't figure out what it's saying. If you read it to mean "Oh, we're finding tons of this stuff laying around" then you have to reconcile that we haven't heard about it until now and then from a congresscritter? If such munitions had been found the way the memo implies, don't you think the White House would have ben trumpeting it from the rafters?

I'm taking a wait and see attitude on this one.

5. cpu121

cpu121 What's a Dremel?

I'm guessing they may not have talked about it in public much because the munitions had degraded to the point of completely useless, hence they're no longer a threat. From the sound of it these are munitions that were dumped prior to the original Gulf War so it is debatable whether or not Saddam had WMD between the 1st Gulf War and the Iraq Invasion.

6. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Foxnews?

Might as well be Al-jezera in english.

7. cpemma

cpemma Ecky thump

If they look a bit harder they'll find plenty of depleted uranium too. :worried:

It could be embarrassment at the labels on the old chemicals. "Made in the USA".

8. specofdust

specofdust Banned

The degraded chemicals are no longer anything other then goo. That's what those things turn to after a few years. This isn't news anyway though, we knew the guy had at one point had working chemical weapons because we're the ones who sold him the damn things.

All this really serves to do is boost republican support among the unthinking masses. It's not news because there is massive spin on it, just propaganda.

edit: Incidentally, Fox News is a great place for a cheap chuckle at stupid people. Just find one of their user comments pages on something like Iran and welcome to a whole world of stupid.

Last edited: 22 Jun 2006
  9. olly_lewis

olly_lewis What's a Dremel?

Sarin and Mustard gas eh? Well they were potent weapons of power and destruction back in 1914 but nowadays its not the real 100% quarter pounder XL weapons of mass destruction you expect, and that we do not expect to find.
    This is a total propaganda orgy of republican sentinment and is smeared with the banner "Goerge Bush wwas right, was'nt he, you dirty liberals" Thanks again Fox for another in-depth and fair article...

10. LAGMonkey

LAGMonkey Group 7 error

But Fox news is "Fair and Balanced" :lol:

11. cpemma

cpemma Ecky thump

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/06/21/AR2006062101837.html
    Assholes tbh. :sigh:

And if you think it's a bit unlikely leaving such stuff just dumped somewhere,

Last edited: 22 Jun 2006
  12. WireFrame

WireFrame <b>PermaBanned</b>

Give me 7 years, an area, ooooh, about the zise of Iraq, a massive fanatic army and an unlimited budget, and I'll hide something so well you'll never find it, too....

13. specofdust

specofdust Banned

That's not proof though. That's like shooting someone based upon the fact that they have a big enough coat on to hide a firearm.

14. J-Pepper

J-Pepper Minimodder

Last time I checked, that's probably proof enough for the cops in America :worried:

Last edited: 23 Jun 2006
  15. speedfreek

speedfreek What's a Dremel?

They sure are balanced, and anyone who says otherwise is a dirty liberal.

16. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

Despite what you may have read in some newspapers, the vast majority of police in this country don't go around shooting up the place. To be honest, that was just an inflamatory statement.

Sorry, it's late and I've just worked 4 10-hour days so my sarcasm detector is a but off. Were you being serious? If so, I can only say that that kind of attitude is exactly what is wrong these days. Nobody can have good ideas and bad ideas. There are only patriotic Republicans and dirty Liberals. :blah:

This is precisely what I was talking about in my other post about the red states vs. the blue states. We're so busy categorizing and labeling each other, all trying to shout over the next talking head that comes along that we fail to step back and look at the bigger picture. People are being killed on both sides of the fight. Our lives aren't worth any more than their lives. Humanity depends on us (all of us) to put aside the greed, to put aside that insatiable need to argue with the guy on the other channel.

This is why I think the war in Iraq may never end; there are just as many fanatics over here as there are over there. And they're all buying into the same message, only told from different leaders.

-mokey

17. Monkeyboy

Monkeyboy Minimodder

i'm pretty sure it was sarcasm supermonkey.
    i probably have more damaging chemical agents under my kitchen sink right now than what they found...

18. padrejones2001

padrejones2001 Puppy Love

As Stephen Colbert said, "Fox News tells both sides of every story. The president's side...and the vice president's side." I don't trust anything Fox News says for a single second. All they are is Washington's lap dog.