1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Web News Roundup, 19th June 2007

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Guest-16, 19 Jun 2007.

1. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

2. Techno-Dann

Techno-Dann Disgruntled kumquat

I'm not sure who they think they're fooling, the Black Pearl WCR is a Lian-Li. Look at it: Overall, it's a V-2000. The CD-ROM stealth bezels and the floppy bezel are straight off a V-2000. There's the right number of 5 1/4" bays, too. (7). On the top, the door for the USB/audio/firewire jacks is exactly like the one on the front of the PC-7H and the top of other, newer Lian-Li cases, not to mention the fact that it's the exact same port block as Lian-Li's been using for the last three years.

The hose ports at the back are precisely like the ones off the Lian-Li PC-A10, and the entire back of the case is a transplanted V-2000: They even used the same shiny PCI slot covers. The six-hole mounting for the PSU cover plate is exactly the same as a V-2000, as are the slots around the rear fan for the (not included) rear fan duct.

It gets better, too: The mesh that the PSU sits on is precisely like the one in a V-2000. The side pannel attachment points are precisely like a V-series Lian-Li. The mounts for the side mesh? Once again, precisely like the ones used on L-L's V-series.

The insides of the case should be remarkably familiar to anyone who has worked in a Lian-Li lately... The only real difference from the V-2000, the hard drive racks, are borrowed from the PC-A10.

On the off chance that that case is not built by Lian-Li, I predict there will be legal action very soon.

(edit) That said, it's a rather nice looking Lian-Li. I may be buying one, if I can find one in silver. (/edit)

Tags: Add Tags