1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Web Reviews Roundup, 10th May 2007

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Guest-16, 10 May 2007.

1. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

2. jezmck

jezmck Minimodder

Sorry, but my cynical self finds it hard not to think that these roundups are just googlebait.

3. Tim S

Tim S OG

.... what makes you say that? :confused:

What about the fact that there are many sites that link to bit-tech and it's nice to return the favour every once in a while? :rolleyes:

4. specofdust

specofdust Banned

I hadn't thought about it like that before. Still, it seems like a great idea to me. There are so many tech sites out there, and although I try to keep a bookmark folder with all of them in it, it'd be a right hassle to check each and every one every day for new content. This is a supurb wee service from bit-tech, and I hope it gets kept up!

5. Da Dego

Da Dego Brett Thomas

Even well outside of favours, we simply can't be everywhere at once or cover every product. But we still want to be your source for the reliable things we can't necessarily cover. There are some sites that we think do a good job with their reviews covering products we don't have the time for but think you may have an interest in.

The web reviews allow us to link them here. After all, a good review is a good review - it may not be written by us or put through the same paces we would, but not every product is made to withstand our types of testing anyway. Maybe it's not even something we would normally invest the time in because we'd rather get you the information we're best at, which is the enthusiast hardware and kickass mods. Sometimes, it's even something we did review - simply because they have a different opinion that we thought was well-researched enough that you could include it in your buying decision.

It's one of those things - we are only so many men, and we want to give you top-quality reviews which take a lot of time to put together. So, we provide you some links to a couple places that do a good enough job that we can feel comfortable pointing you to their results. It helps us get you the information you need or want without re-inventing the wheel.

I'd rather you be able to say "The information I need about [insert part here], I can find on Bit-tech in some capacity," than have you need to scrounge for sites that cover the product simply because we don't want to post anything pointing to something other than our own work. This way, if you look for that product and we didn't review it, you'll at least find us point to a review we feel is reliable. Which lets us still be your best source of info. :)

Isn't that a win-win? The info you want, with the community you are already a member of. If you feel differently, I'm all ears.

Last edited: 10 May 2007
  6. jezmck

jezmck Minimodder

My logical self is far more realistic however.
    And, as it happens, I found the IP400W review interesting.
    I would like to suggest that the link be on the name of the product rather than the reviewing site, and some of the lines could do with a little more description.
    e.g.
    could instead be

7. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

I simply don't have time, I get what I get from people. If they want to include what the product is exactly then it's entirely up to them how they want to market themselves. I do weed out the crap from the stuff bit-tech readers might be interested in, but that's as far as I go.

It could instead be the name of the product rather than review site but does it really matter where the blue line sits? ;)

8. jezmck

jezmck Minimodder

No, only for semantics really.
    I didn't mean to cause such a fuss, I guess I trolled without even trying to!

9. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

I wasn't having a go :) Constructive comments are always welcome I was just explaining that that's how it falls in our inbox. :)

10. Tim S

Tim S OG

As Rich says, constructive feedback is welcome... but we're not doing this for Google - it's simply for us to keep other sites happy (and the readers happy too because we can't cover absolutely everything even though I wish we could) :thumb:

11. Zurechial

Zurechial Elitist

When bit-tech is on your toolbar in Firefox it can be a little too easy to forget about other sites and miss out on the articles that aren't done here, so I find it convenient to be reminded at times that there's more to the net than bit-tech. :hehe:

Tags: Add Tags