1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Electronics WebCam Q's

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Samurai75007, 20 Mar 2007.

1. Samurai75007

Samurai75007 What's a Dremel?

I'm looking for some help with some webcam thing's. I am looking to use two or three in some practical joke's that one of which will be at least four days. Has anyone herd of a webcam that can plug into an external hard drive and recored directly onto that? Or should I be looking at an actual camera and some type of recording device? Leave me your feedback.

2. Cptn-Inafinus

Cptn-Inafinus Minimodder

Well you need the computer in the first place too make sense of the data coming from the webcam so you would just be as well too get a really small form factor pc and record directly onto the hard drive there.

Or if you had a bigger budget you could go relaly stealthy and do something like this:
    http://metku.net/index.html?path=mods/whiskypc/index_eng

Or the cardboard box mod might be quite stealthy too.

3. Samurai75007

Samurai75007 What's a Dremel?

Well I have a mac mini but I was trying to get away from running a computer in a car for a few days at a time so I may go for another way.

4. crazydeep74

crazydeep74 What's a Dremel?

Geeks.com sells miniature wireless cameras for cheap, so you can send the signal to an accessible point.