1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Development website critque

Discussion in 'Software' started by Pballer98c, 2 Mar 2006.

1. Pballer98c

Pballer98c Minimodder

X

Last edited: 16 Apr 2021
  2. eek

eek CAMRA ***.

Nice, I like it.
    It's clean and simple.

The only thing I would say is the titles on the left ("cpanel login" etc) should probably be made bold or a little bigger. Just something to make them stand out.

I'd also make the "sign up now" link a bit bigger so you can't miss it. Same problem with the hyperlinks, with all the text being black it is hard to determine which bit is a link. Just change the colour of them.

3. AlexB

AlexB Web Nerd

And why not make the fields the same length?

Looks great though, nice and clean

4. FredsFriend

FredsFriend What's a Dremel?

Nice and tidy
    A few things that would make it a bit better are:
    • Make the top nav bar the same width as the main section and the bottom credits panel.
    • Make the username and password textboxes the same width, and the spacing on them looks a little off in Firefox. Plus maybe make the submit button look slightly different as it just looks like another textbox.
    • Make the links stand out more as they just look like text at the minute, either with text decoration or with a different colour.
    • The view full package link shouldn't be one of the bullet points as it isn't a feature. Make it stand out more. Maybe combine it with the Sign up now text which i would have expected to be a link.
    • Make the Headers on the left panel the same as the headers for the hosting packages
    With those few tweaks i think that your there.

5. Pballer98c

Pballer98c Minimodder

Site updated with lots of various changes. Thank for the input. How does it look now?

6. AlexB

AlexB Web Nerd

Looks good, but looks different in firefox than it does in IE. only slightly, though

7. Pballer98c

Pballer98c Minimodder

I see the slight difference. I will probably keep the layout and everything the same, just use php include lines so I dont have to update 15 pages to change the date on the footer.

Thanks!

8. Pballer98c

Pballer98c Minimodder

Ok, I redid the site and got away from CSS (ya, I know). Please ingore everything past the end of the main page (end of main page is the footer/copyright). Thanks again!

9. Pballer98c

Pballer98c Minimodder

Any more input? Thanks!
    Edit: What do you think of the logo? I cant decide if I like it or not...

Last edited: 3 Mar 2006
  10. Pballer98c

Pballer98c Minimodder

[​IMG]
    Image hosted at http://padlockhost.com

How about this? I did a search for "free logo templates". Not the greatest, but I dont ever remember seeing it before.

11. Faind

Faind What's a Dremel?

i think the main page should not scroll. maybe make the disclaimer wider and link to the tables

also I thing the keyboard icon need a border of some sor also the .before the catagorys is odd maybe make them bars instead or somthing.

and I totaly agree the logo needs work i like the icon from above but the font seems underdone for it but somthing else then whats there would be good

thats my 2 cents

12. Pballer98c

Pballer98c Minimodder

Great, thanks for the input! I will try and work on this tomorrow or the next few days (going on spring break, so heading back home!)

13. Faind

Faind What's a Dremel?

heres somthing I came up with that I thought might be a good match for the feel I get from your layout. the fonts freeware but somthing could be done i'm sure

[​IMG]

14. Pballer98c

Pballer98c Minimodder

Ok, just about finished, may be accepting "beta" accounts here in the next few or so. Any final thoughts on layout, color, legal issues, etc?