1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Development [website up for show] [critz pls]

Discussion in 'Software' started by emuexplosion, 2 Sep 2003.

1. emuexplosion

emuexplosion What's a Dremel?

Hi,

Please tell me what you think of the design so far.

The copy, (wordage.. what's writen.., if you didn't know).. Is being edited since I'm not a good writer. So, don't give me beef about that yet. :blush:

Also, content isn't up to par yet. Product info needs to be taken care of, and online ordering should be going up fairly soon.

Now..

The site DOES use frames. Those have been said to be out of date, and I'll get flamed for using them, but hey, bite me.

Things to look for.. tell me how long it took to load the flash intro. I don't have a preloader because it's small, but I might need one if you are on 56k. Otherwise, it should be fine.

Some of the buttons aren't working, or have temp pages, due to the ill-implementing of the shopping cart. (Is that a word?)

Okay.. whatever, here it is.

http://www.ragepad.com

enjoy..

2. Theo

Theo What's a Dremel?

Intro loaded instantly for me (512kb DSL), although something quickly sprung straight into my mind. A skip intro button would have been lovely - if someone was to visit your site often, then they wouldn't really want to sit through the intro every time.. I wouldn't anyway :naughty:

3. Supercool

Supercool Gone.

a small problem... some of the text is missing
    clicky me
    Mozilla 1.5beta

The rest of the site looks good, and the intro loads instantly, but a skip link would be nice to have.

<flame>
    frames suck :p ;)
    </flame>

4. djengiz

djengiz Pointless.

Nice site. But it really does need a skip intro. I allways do :(

Last edited: 3 Sep 2003
  5. emuexplosion

emuexplosion What's a Dremel?

Thanks for the replys..

I added a skip intro link, that should do the trick for now. I was searching for a how-to on making the flash leave a cookie so it doesn't play the intro again, you simply go into the site, don't have to mess with the skip intro button.

Supercool - My goodness.. that looks crackheadish, but what I believe is the problem.. you don't have a scrollbar, it should be there. On my design computer, i have a 19" lcd, with a rez of 1280x1024, so, when I design things, it looks different on other screens, however my laptop next to me, I use in both 8x6, and 1024x768, so I can check myself. Both screen rez's worked becasue of the scroll bar.

Wow, that was alot of typing to explain a little thing.

So. Beyond it missing some things, I believe it's good to go.

Well, it is live right now, but, I was told to get something up, and work on it later, hense the horrible copy.

Anywho, thanks for the critz.

-emu

6. pranks7er

pranks7er mange tout

impressive good job

7. Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto xBurningMikex

nice and clean look..pretty cool

8. Supercool

Supercool Gone.

umm.. so do I, so that isn't the problem :p