1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LOL Weird Dreams Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by Veles, 18 May 2010.

1. MiT

MiT Don't feed me after midnight!! nom

I use to have loads of dream but in the last 5 years none. Then out of the blue i had one a few weeks ago.

I drove up to some trafic lights, and one my good firends was stop there in the lane next to me, but not in car but sitting in them little blue trolley thing, that kids use to pull toys around in. I said hi, and she said hi, then i drove off, and looking back in the rear mirror, she was pushing her self along when her two longs.

so random and weird.

2. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Well-Known Member

I usually don't have them/remember them but last night I was Christian Bale in Equilibrium.

3. theevilelephant

theevilelephant New Member

I can't remember any strange ones I've had recently but when I was about 10 I had a recurring nightmare about being chased by a giant roll of sellotape. Why that was scary I have no idea!

4. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

I'm not here to report any dreams, but instead to give some advice :) I used to dream a lot as a child. In fact, I had lucid dreams, which were great. However, they faded away as I got older, and eventually ended up rarely dreaming at all.

I found a cure.

I have a wireless internet radio thingy in the bedroom, and recently started playing ambient sounds as I sleep. It sounds a bit trippy hippy I know... but it works. I dream again now.

I play sounds like rain and thunder... ocean waves... you know the stuff.

Also... there's a shoutcast station called Sleepbot. That rocks too.

So.. dreams fading away? Having dull, uninteresting sleep? take two bottles into the showe.... oh.. wrong ad :)

5. outlawaol

outlawaol Geeked since 1982

One dream I remember was when I lived at my folks place. My parents had this annoying tweetie bird that sang all the time. I was standing there watching this bird sing with all its might, then it burst forth a whole swarm of them and escaped the cage and pecked my eyes out. It freaked me out enough to wake up. So the next day I head downstairs and the bird chirps and all that freaky crap stirs in my head. I was a little paranoid with the bird after that.

I've also had dreams of polar bears chasing me into my folks place, just barely getting away and keeping them at bay behind a screen door that just will not shut. I would kick them and push at their faces trying to get the door closed.

My dreams tend not to have a lot of continuity to them and end up being weird crap I never remember later. I don't remember dreams over nite, but will remember them in the mornings when I am half awake. It kinda weirds me out that I 'fall into a black nothingness for 8+ hours only to wake and think what transpired in my dreams for that period'. :D

Last edited: 19 May 2010
  6. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

I leave TV shows playing sometimes. Went to sleep to Red Dwarf the other night. Epic and ridiculous dreams ensued.

My problem is I never remember the damn things and I haven't been focused enough to set up a system for writing them down.

7. chimmy09

chimmy09 New Member

If any of you ever watched the movie Little Nemo: Adventures in Slumberland, you will know what I am talking about. That black goo stuff scared the **** out of me. Gave me some freaky ****ing dreams too. Don't remember any of them though, I just remember being scared that that black crap was going to come gushing out of my closet and I was freakin out.

8. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Well-Known Member

I've just though of some other dream I have but they are NSFW and I usually end up stuck to the sheets :worried:

Sloth likes this.
  9. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

I have terribly lucid dreams when I have a fever - many of them genuine waking hallucinations. Needless to say when I am feverish, reality becomes... weird.

My worst experience of this was when I was about, hmm, 13 I think. I came down with a pretty bad fever during the winter. In the middle of the night I woke up, extremely distraught, 100% convinced that my two sisters were trying to murder me. I could hear their voices in my head - 'we're coming for you Fod, we have a knife...' etc.
    I ran downstairs. I tried to phone the police, but for some reason the phone wasn't working (I presume this was my weird dreamstate brain interfering). I could still hear them - 'we've cut the phone lines, you can't call for help...'.
    I tried to hide. Still, i could hear them. 'we can see you fod, you're behind the curtains, we're coming, we're coming, run!'
    So, I ran. I got the **** out of that house. I put on the first two items of footwear in front of me and ran through the snow to my neighbours' house, and started hammering on their door like I was being chased through the snow by two murderous sisters.
    My neighbours at the time, dear old age retired proper english people, opened the door, rather confused and frightened. The odd thing about this was that I knew that the neighbours on the other side, the ones I am friendlier with and I presume would be more likely to turn to in case of murder emergency, were on holiday, so made the conscious decision to go to the other neighbours.
    "THEY'RE TRYING TO KILL ME" I screamed, standing there in my pyjamas wearing one of my mums shoes and one of my dad's gardening boots. I was still fully in dreamstate at this point. They usher me in and sit me down, offer me a cup of tea, give me a coat to wear as I'm shivering like a wet kitten, and go off to make a phone call to my parents. I'm not sure at exactly what point I started to become lucid but around this point I did start to regain my sanity, and a slow feeling of realisation and dread crept in. Oh my god, I woke up my neighbours at 3AM screaming bloody murder about a freakin' nightmare.
    My dad came to collect me.
    I went back to bed.

I woke up in the morning with my neighbour's coat in the porch as a reminder of the madness in the night before.

Seriously, seriously messed up. That was the worst of them - other times I've experienced my entire surroundings begin to melt. That was almost as scary, I'll tell you that.
    I dread to think what hallucinogenic drugs would do to me. If my own brain can pull crap like this of its own accord I don't want to give it any help, TYVM....

10. MiT

MiT Don't feed me after midnight!! nom

Thats some crazy stuff Fod.

I use to sleep walk when I was younger, cant remember what i was thinking off, but i guess you could remember yours. Never really looked into why we sleep walk. so glad i dont do it now.

11. barndoor101

barndoor101 Bring back the demote thread!

i used to get a dream where i was in a swimming pool, and this shutter would shut me inside. i would start drowning then id wake up.

not happy times.

12. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

I had one where I was barricaded in a house because it was the zombie apocalypse. I hadn't seen any zombies at this point but I knew they were there. Then some random survivors knock on the door and want to come in, I look through the letter box and they're all bitten and I'm like "You ain't comin in here, you've been bitten by zombies!"

And they said "No! They're not zombies, they're spiders!"

At which point a cold fear gripped me, I was prepared for zombies, but not spiders! Then millions of little tiny spiders came out from the sewers and crawled through the letterbox, at which point I woke up.

13. Zoon

Zoon Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

You first, I don't personally want to find out first hand if the cat suffocated or managed to somehow ingest pure energy from the universe in order to survive :lol:

14. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

More conventional dream stuff, one that sticks in my mind was when I dreamed I was a space marine along with a few friends of mine. We were on some space station and there was some generic bad situation the particulars of which weren't important to the dream in question. Anyway so I'm there, near some door which has Something Bad behind it. Not sure what it was now but suffice to say if that door opened, all would die. So we're at the door, trying to keep it shut when one of the marines starts freaking out, and wants to open the door! We're all like, wtf, why, nooooooooo etc but we can't restrain him. He breaks loose and makes for the door....
    and all of a sudden a Predator alien decloaks, kills him, turns to us, nods, and runs off, while cloaking.

Then I woke up.

15. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

I rarely dream, like really rarely, but when I do they are really vivid. Last night I dreamt that I was a tank commander, and that in pursuit of a terrorist cell through a modern (Halo era like) city in my massive tank, I destroyed the affluent downtown district of this large city. There were skyscrapers getting pummelled by shells, RPGs, anti tank rockets and gunfire. By the end of the firefight, I had pissed off the Mayor of this city rather badly by destroying it and got angry with him because I had just eliminated a dangerous terrorist group and he seemed ungrateful.

Where on earth did that come from?! :confused: :hehe:

16. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

I don't remember many dreams. I cant think of any right now. I have sleep walked a few times.

Once I went to bed in my room. Then I woke up at like 6am freezing cold and tried to grab my blanket wondering where it was. Then I realized I wasn't in my room. I was in another room on a couch. I have no clue how I got there. So I got up and went to my own bed. lol

17. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

I've got up during the night before and turned my alarm off XD

18. Aracos

Aracos New Member

Just had one today, I dreamt I was back at school but at a school I've never seen before with my old mowden classmates but my college friend was there and the playground was Perth's football stadium. Anyway it went on like a normal dream then a friend who's face I stopped remembering as soon as I woke up went home and hopped up an unscalable hill leading to the playground and I tried to go up it aswell then gave up and saw these slimy leech like things but in different shapes, some even looked like sting rays. I jumped back down then grabbed something on my bumwhole and yanked it, it was a small leech like thing then put my hand down my boxers to find a leech the size of a rock trying to climb up my bumwhole. I then awake and felt like something had been up my bumwhole..........how very strange.

19. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

lol, I always wake up like 10min before my alarm so I turn it off so I dont have to hear it.

20. outlawaol

outlawaol Geeked since 1982

Any stinky fingers? :lol: