1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Displays Weird monitor issue

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Parge, 20 Feb 2016.

1. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

So, when I boot it from cold, after a random period of time (usually between 5-15 minutes) the screen loses signal and the computer requires a reboot. It then happens again, around the same length of time after that.

Following that though, its absolutely fine, and I can play games etc for hours without any issues.

Any ideas?

2. Parge

Actually, I think it might be GPU related, since I recorded myself playing twitch, and the whole stream stops.

3. modd1uk

modd1uk Well-Known Member

Got a spare GPU to test? Got a 560ti here I can send down if you need a card to test bud.

4. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

Be thankful it's an EVGA. I've also got a GPU kicking about you can test with too if you like - I can hand it over when we finally get that beer locked in!

5. Parge

It was my CPU overclock. Weird because it was 100% stable for 3 hours in AIDA64 but has this issue.

6. modd1uk

modd1uk Well-Known Member

Had that before, passed every stress test ever and seemed 100% stable. 10 mins into a game and crash. I don't bother OC'ing anymore unless it's needed to squeeze a few frames out of a system.

7. Parge

OK, so I don't think this is actually my overclock, or my GPU, or my monitor.

Basically the crash only happens when initially booting up the computer from cold. Once everything is warmed up (as in temps) its rock solid. I'm thinking PSU at the moment.

8. Parge

Replaced the PSU and noticed that the wires on the front audio jack and the 3rd fan header were totally squashed in (they are in line with the GPU. Hooked the fan up to the GRID+ and removed the audio and everything seems rock solid now. Trouble is, I don't know if the PSU or that was the cause!