1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Weird, very inconvenient error -

Discussion in 'Software' started by Chrizzle, 8 Nov 2004.

1. Chrizzle

Chrizzle What's a Dremel?

OK, this is like nothing I've ever seen before. Yesterday, I shut down my computer to go to sleep, but this morning it's possessed. It starts up normally, but when I log in, it logs back out to the login screen. This is really annoying and makes my computer unusable.

I've tried:

Booting in Safe Mode ... same thing happening.

Booting in Debug Mode ... won't boot up.

Booting from Windows Disk ... ignores that the disk is in the drive.

So I got annoyed and said "Oh well, I'll just reformat it," but my System Restore won't even work!

What should I do? I don't mind reformatting if I have to, but I can't think of a way. Ah, help please!

2. Chrizzle

Nevermind, I managed to boot from disk... but it was unpleasant. And it's formatting now!!! Yay!!! 2% Yay!!!

3. Chrizzle

Nevermind. Now I'm getting "NTLDR Missing." Starting to get angry.

4. sp_1000

sp_1000 What's a Dremel?

5. Lowsidex2

Lowsidex2 Minimodder

I get that when my bios tries to boot from the wrong disk.

6. Chrizzle

OMG! I didn't think to check Windows.com! Thanks a bundle!

Anyways...

I fixed my problem, so I'll just share my method for all the OS-illiterate out there like me.

I figured that if I got into the Windows OS install that I could reformat/install together adnot have to worry about weird boot errors. But firs I had to figure out how to get past "NTLDR Missing" so I opened up the core directory on my other machine and showed hidden files. Sure enough there was a file called "NTLDR" so I copied that and put it on my drive. From there I managed to get the the Windows install and load 'er up.

I doubt this is news for anyone, but my theory is that some day someone will post a thread called Weird, very inconvenient error - and Bit will say that thread already exists. So they'll open this thread and PRESTO!

Tags: