1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blogs Welcome to bit-tech 2010

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Sifter3000, 19 Apr 2010.

1. cool_dude

cool_dude Officially a decade on BitTech!

Can you guys sort the colours out? Its looking very washed out on my dell screen... :(

2. pendragon

pendragon I pickle they

overall i'm okay with the redisign minus one thing ... i don't care for the text-over-pictures on the front page for those couple showcase article/reviews ... it's distracting and not as nice as the larger pictures with text above/below/to the side

3. cool_dude

cool_dude Officially a decade on BitTech!

@ Mods anything re: washed out colours? My eyes :'(

4. Sifter3000

Sifter3000 I used to be somebody

I think it's got to be your screen - we kept the colours consistent from the old site. Screenshot of it?

5. Sifter3000

Sifter3000 I used to be somebody

Dynamic resizing - addressed it in the follow up blog, basically, it's a total pain to do as it really reduces our ability to control where elements - adverts, images, text, nav - appear on the page, so it's not going to happen.

iPhone app - looking in to it, I'd definitely like to do one.

6. maximus09

maximus09 Forever n00b

aah i see, yea i can imagine it being a pain. Its definately something which has to be on the table before acually developing the site for it to be easier.

The thing is I read bit-tech on 3 machines, my main home pc, my media PC and my work PC. All run different resolutions. With the media PC its ok as this just runs at full HD res and its quite readable if you zoom to a decent level. On my main PC though it looks small, a firefox app that could save a default zoom level for different websites would be great! Anyone know if there is one like this?

Can't wait for the iphone app!

Tags: Add Tags