1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WeldZilla 2 "A New Beginning"

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by WeldZilla, 27 Jun 2004.

1. WeldZilla

WeldZilla What's a Dremel?

Convenient for me.

you see my case sits right beside me on my desk. on about a 45 degree angle. to get to my roms I have to roll back and over to the right. the problem with that is I am essentially lazy. I want to hold still in front of my monitor. So the internet as well as all my softare has an unbroken stream into my brain where it all can consume me and take me over!! uninterrupted!
    With my new case the roms will face me. It will also be a nice straight shot view into my case. So I can enjoy that view too!!

WZ

2. AutoExec

AutoExec What's a Dremel?

I was thinking it would be a great solution if you had a shelf above or behind the computer screen you could place the computer on.. saves space.. wont need som much space from the chair to the wall behind the desk.. even if you place it on the floor.. AND you get easier access to the wire spaghetti behind the comp..

3. Acid Burn

Acid Burn ..look but don't touch..

hmm isn't there a carpenter you can sue? I mean If you have to have the case in an 45 degree angle to make it fit :D (I think I understood what you meant :)).

Carry on my son.. err.. dad.. err.. modding friend :D

4. WeldZilla

Never on the Floor!!!

I like it right beside me!! It is my security blanket. I have never let a case set on the floor. My wife's case, Yes!! It's an hp with a P-4 1.6a but it's an HP, It sits on the floor. My son's Case sits on the floor and that is a shame!!
    cuz it is beautiful It is his Firebird case. He is 8 years old and this was his first mod!!! All I did was cut out the side window and paint the front bezel. he did the top window. He did the fan holes. This thing is his idea. He got pissy with me when I suggested too much!! Geez he gets that from his mother!!! but he gets his modding skill from me!!!!!! I'll post up a couple pics of my 8 year old son's 1st mod!! It is a beuty!! He now has my old setup in it, He did most of the transfer himself before I got home from work!! We are atill both using it but it is his!! he built it!!!! Ok Ok so I am a proud father!!
    [​IMG]
    there were times when he was a little overwhelmed but, he got it!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    He stared into it a lot when he was done.
    [​IMG]

I tell people if an 8 yearold can do it you can too!! Maybe not as well but you can do it!!

Proud Father!! WZ

5. WeldZilla

One More Thing

That is a Battlescarred Gundham guarding his case!!! He thought you should know that. Although his favorite show is DragonBall, DragonBall-Z, DragonBall-GT

WZ

6. Nightingale_zero

Nightingale_zero What's a Dremel?

well of course who doesn't like anime. Gotta have the gundam model (its the key stone of my next project in the works hehe). Thats a great looking since I know alot of people who will just add a cathode and stickers and call it beautiful(guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder).

7. AutoExec

man.. nice work, son of WeldZilla! :eeek:

and that last picture.. dude.. I still do that.. and I'm like 12 years older than him :D

8. WeldZilla

9. WeldZilla

His mod started out like this!

[​IMG]

Just so that you know. He did a lot of work.

WZ

10. Nightingale_zero

Nothing like seeing a pile of pc parts. It always brings exitement. And a fresh Virgin case untouched.

11. AutoExec

oh yeah? then taka a look at what my PC looks like atm :D

[​IMG]

its a pile of PC parts, but there sure aint nothing "virgin and untouched" over it :hehe:

12. ¿þŘΩĐĮĢΫ?

¿þŘΩĐĮĢΫ? What's a Dremel?

ha ha ha ha you guys crack my bondo up (d@mn it have to re-puddy now!!!)

13. Nightingale_zero

well if its elaborately layed out heh. Thats more like the pc junk pile :hehe:

14. AutoExec

well, its all working.. has been running like that for about 2 weeks now..

[/offtopic] btw

15. Acid Burn

Acid Burn ..look but don't touch..

you know what? your 9 year old son's first mod really killed my project... :D It look very cool! and I admire his painting skills! you have a very bright kid, and you should be proud of him (like you are :)).

16. WeldZilla

17. WeldZilla

Back on topic!

I needed to fill out the corner where the new right side and rear will meet. So I took a very light piece of 1in angle iron and welded it into place. Now both panels slide in behind it to get held into place. you will notice I cut what was left of the old right side panel ( Now the rear panel and put in a piece of plexi to fill in the middle. you will notice also that one of the pieces was cat much wider than the other. there is a good reason for this. So stay tuned
    [​IMG]

Then I pulled it apart and primed and painted the frame and mobo and drive racks. Here are a few pics of the first 2 coats.
    [​IMG]
    Coming out as I hoped.
    [​IMG]
    That's it for now

WZ

18. coil

coil What's a Dremel?

I have to wonder, then, if an even better solution might be to re-mount the drives very low on your case? That way they'd be right at desk level, easy to access and you wouldn't have to contort your wrist to get CDs in and out.

Just a thought; it'd be a little work, but you certainly don't seem to have a problem fabricating materials. :)

19. AutoExec

man, are you trying to do this thing in one night? (or day or whatever) The pase here is amazing.. I feel really lazy regarding my project now :sigh:

not that I dont like it.. fast pased worklogs are good worklogs :thumb:

20. WeldZilla

next time

I'm actually going to do that in my next case. I am building it from the ground up. ( So to Speak ) Too late for this one now. But I am happy with how it has gone so far.

WZ