1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News We'll have Sandy Bridge E at LITS!

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Claave, 5 Sep 2011.

1. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

Oh, Bit-tech, how you have forgotten your roots. The first true piece of PC art? I can't count the number of mods and scratch builds featured on this very site before 2008 that might disagree. :p

2. John_T

John_T Minimodder

Fair enough then, (that'll teach me for jumping to conclusions!). :)

I could've sworn they said they were willing to build it commercially if they could generate enough interest though - didn't they say if they got 10 orders they'd be able to knock them out for about £11k(ish) a piece? Not too dear when you consider the Great White was also about £11k...

Anyway, that aside, looking forward to seeing it housing the Sandy Bridge E!

I've (briefly) tried finding the original videos that went with it but not had much luck yet, as I think they showed it off much better than these ones do. I'm sure you could see all the thermal currents being generated and swirling around in the Fluorinert - one of its most spectacular features, yet the one you can't really see properly here...

3. Bakes

Bakes What's a Dremel?

That's what I remember - I remember them saying that if there was enough interest, they'd make it. It's a shame that a Dream PC that's effectively a £5k pc bumped up to £10k with some chroming and (admittedly neat) CNC work could be compared favourably to this (on the grounds that one has an order list, the other a waiting list).

4. Lizard

Lizard @ Scan R&D

That's what Armari hoped, but they never got enough orders to put it into production. In the end Intel bought the one and only finished prototype and that's the one we're going to use at LITS to show off Sandy Bridge E.

I'm afraid that was the only video I could find too, and its pretty low res by today's standards. Still, you'll be able to see it in the flesh in a couple of months time :)

5. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Oi!

If it's not using an ASUS board and there are Dremel holes don't look at me :worried:

6. Xir

Xir Modder

Correct, the LED-Flower-PC-in-a-1920's-Radio-Case is what got me here in the first place (back in the old old forum) ;-)

7. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Can't believe bit-tech said the first true piece of pc art :eeek::lol: crazy so all the incredible scratch builds & mods that have been passing through this forum aren't true pc art, ok if you say so :lol::duh:.

8. l3v1ck

l3v1ck Fueling the world, one oil well at a time.

Screw Ivy-Bridge. I'd just want to see the XPC in action.

Tags: Add Tags