1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Displays What’s your IPS story?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Siwini, 3 Aug 2011.

1. Phalanx

Phalanx Needs more dragons and stuff.

My IPS story is I wish I could justify spending money on IPS. I can't go down below 28". That is all :(

2. Madness_3d

Madness_3d Bit-Tech/Asus OC Winner

@Parge, nice to see another happy ZR24W owner :) I love mine to bits and I wouldn't go back to a TN now for my main Monitor. I love the contrast and the vibrancy of the colours. And I agree with you about the size and build of the thing, it's really really nicely made. If I had of had the money I would have got a U2410, just for the blacker blacks and the the more inputs, but at the price point it's a lovely 16:10 display.

3. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Yeah, I was looking at the U2410 for a long time too. The cheapest one I could find that had the 3 year warranty was £350, and I honestly couldn't justify the cost given that I already have a 24" TN that, in truth, was fine for gaming etc. However, with the lower RRP of the the ZR24W, there are a few bargains to be had, and at the end of the day, its still an absolutely fantastic IPS panel with fantastic build quality.

Additionally, have you configured yours at all? I'd be really interested to hear what settings you are using?