1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rant what are they doing?

Discussion in 'General' started by chrisb2e9, 29 Jul 2007.

1. chrisb2e9

chrisb2e9 Dont do that...

back at the beginning of july I bought a CPU/Motherboard combo. decided I didn't want it because I found out about the price drop from intel that was coming. So I decided that when it arrived I would send it back.
    goto the UPS website:
    http://www.ups.com/WebTracking/track?loc=en_US

and enter these tracking numbers:
    1Z E31 A69 68 6534 514 9
    1Z 5FX 007 68 0001 363 0

(they split up my shipment)

See anything odd about where its been shipped to?
    make sure to look at the dates and times.
    oh and for the record, most of the cites listes are a long way from each other.
    for example AB (alberta ) and ON (ontario) are about a 5 hour flight.

edit: oh and either enter the numbers seperatly or click on "package progress" to see where they have been.

Last edited: 30 Jul 2007
  2. woof82

woof82 What's a Dremel?

Lol wth

3. chrisb2e9

I just want it to go back to the sender so I can get my money back. I refused it when it showed up, then I had to goto the ups store in town and refuse it again, then I called a few days ago and asked them why they were trying to ship it to me again when I had already refused it twice!
    purolator delivered my new stuff in record time, i'm never going to use ups again.

4. SPQQKY

SPQQKY Evil Modder

Bottom line is UPS blows. I always pay a little extra to get FedEx. I've had way too many issues with UPS. Down with the brown.

5. chrisb2e9

:sigh:
    So I checked the status today. saw that one package seams to have actually gotten back to the sender :D
    The other one though, says "PACKAGE ABANDONED BY THE SENDER AND THE RECEIVER".
    So naturally I see that and assume the worst. So I call in, and some unfriendly girl tells me that neither the sender or the reciever want it so the package is being abandoned.
    So I called the sender and asked them about it. I was told that they would not refuse a package if it was sent back so he didn't know why UPS would lable the package as abanonded.

Called UPS again, and got a more helpful person this time who explained that the package has gone to some department that deals with packages which are supposed to be returned. and that they will be contacting the sender to send it back to them.
    I dont know who to trust on this one anymore.

6. Tim S

Tim S OG

rofl, brilliant

7. chrisb2e9

ok... so... :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:
    I sent an e-mail to ups. who called me and left a voice mail on my phone saying that they tried to call the shipper and got no reply so the package is in limbo at the moment.
    So I called the shipper. and I asked what was going on. Girl was nice and friendly, but a little confused. She put me on hold. for a while. and a while. good thing I called while at work. Anyway, eventually she comes back and says "you have already been refunded for the entire amount. we have the package, there was another tracking number assigned to it."
    So, I don’t really have any questions for her at this point. I hang up, sit there dumbfounded for a bit and I have to wonder. Should I believe it, or is it too good to be true?

because UPS claims to have the package, but the company I bought it from claims to have it. all I know is that I don’t have it. and I want to cry.

:sigh:

8. Amon

Amon inch-perfect

Chris,

Next time, just tell me to order your PC hardware from some place like Infonec and I'll just ship it to you myself.

9. chrisb2e9

I went through directcanada.com
    Got my order about 2 days after it was placed, it helps that the shipping factory isn't that far away.
    I just find it odd that both ups and the shipper claim to have the package. I would expect them to both claim not to have it.

10. Amon

Amon inch-perfect

I never shopped Direct Canada. I deal with Infonec in person at various stores city-wise. Although they ship as well, I can save shipping costs by just picking up in-store; and stuff is generally cheaper than Direct Canada, it seems :D

11. chrisb2e9

yup, seams like they are just a little bit cheaper. but if i spend over 300 at directcanada then its free shipping so I guess it depends on how you look at it.
    and on the subject of shipping my Q6600 is waiting for me at the purolator office where I live. cant wait to go home tomorrow.

12. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Not a big fan myself, and I'm working on a UPS shipping terminal as I type this. But our fedex driver has absolutely no personality, so I've gotta give UPS props for that.

13. chrisb2e9

sweet, sweet, resolution. according to the ups website the package has been delivered. back from where it came. I think I can actually feel my blood pressure dropping. :clap:

Tags: