1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are you doing for Valentines Day?

Discussion in 'General' started by Gooey_GUI, 9 Feb 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. K

K 528491

A technology forum packed full of cynical guys feeling resent towards Valentine's day?? Well I never!

2. Stwongbad

Stwongbad What's a Dremel?

For any loved one , for any holiday i always buy my gifts at thinkgeek. they are normally original and funny. people seem to enjoy them. and then it gives more thinkgeek points :O

3. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

I dunno, I'm finding this all quite interesting and thinking I should have advertised the jewelry I make back in January :p

My G/F and I are getting together at her place for dinner and dessert. There are gifts involved, but I already gave hers to her (double dark chocolate truffles, body butter, and a map book to plan our adventures). I know she has some stuff for me, but I have no idea what it is :D

As for jewelry, I make jewelry, she gets jewelry for every occasion so I'm making it a point to NOT give her jewelry for Valentines day. Besides, her birthday is at the end of the month and I've already got her jewelry for that made :naughty:

I wanna be on your list. They have cool stuff I never get around to ordering.

4. Stwongbad

Stwongbad What's a Dremel?

Cthippo thinkgeek has all the noveltys people never get around to ordering! for instance.
    Titanium Spork has been used as 3 gifts so far even as much as gift for a girlfriends birthday.

5. hithisishal

hithisishal What's a Dremel?

going out with a bunch of single people :-D.

6. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

I've got my OH a bag of love tokens and a heart-shaped box of Continentals from Thorntons on the day. Still got to get a card :)

7. victab

victab What's a Dremel?

r4tch3t, thanks for the web site, neat tool, I've got to get one; was talking to my guy and he knew exactly what it was, said to get 1 or 2.

8. xen0morph

xen0morph Bargain wine connoisseur

I've been asked out tommorow night. She wants me to take her to see Hot Fuzz. I still don't know if I want to go, but I guess I've no choice now :D

9. victab

victab What's a Dremel?

Bindibdgi, it's sad that every holiday has become so commercialized, but that's the nature of the beast known as MONEY. There are some places that don't increase their prices; there's a fast food chain here that makes hamburgers that are known as belly bombers. For the past few years they advertise for Valentines; they put tablecloths on the tables with flowers, and people actually get dressed up and go there for their Valentine's date, and the hamburgers are still 59 cents.

Who says you have to go out? Have a nice romanic dinner at home with flowers and candles. Just remember Venus rules women's hearts, and we count each single nice thing you do as one point no matter if it's big or small, it's one point.

There's nothing wrong with doing something romantic on another date, but most guys don't unless prodded or the romantic bug bites them.

10. Smilodon

Smilodon The Antagonist

*nods* Well said, well said.

11. woof82

woof82 What's a Dremel?

Well, it's a good chance to see my woman wearing something hot, then after a nice meal, not wearing it.

12. ChromeX

ChromeX Minimodder

And thats EXACTLY the problem, most guys dont bother. If you dont bother to make your lady fell special once in a while, then tbh you dont really deserve her.

Me and my missus are doing f-all for valentines, for me its the most unromantic thing to do something romantic on a day romance is expected. If you really want to do something nice do it on a day thats random, i've been goin out with my gf for nearly 3 years and I still try to make an effort.

I'll often pay for my parents to have a meal so I can cook her a nice candle lit one at home and we get nicely dressed up, theres no point to that but thats why its fun :) And just little things like that. But come valentines day i'll just log on to msn at 9 and talk to her like I do every other night and not mention a word of it.

Of course having said all that, I still like to celebrate steak and BJ day

yeah true, but whats stopping you doing that at anyother time of year? Buy something hot, get some wine in have a nice meal and then get down to business :D

13. Bogomip

Bogomip ... Yo Momma

im gonna make an utter fool of myself if all goes to play, then liekly be pretty pissed off, then go home :p

its my master plan! :) Bet i chicken out!

edit: I dont resent valentines day as such, just wish it were less of a big thing :p

14. speedfreek

speedfreek What's a Dremel?

I gave my girlfriend the clap as an early valentines day present. :thumb:
    Look for it on thinkgeek

15. Solidus

Solidus Superhuman

ok im making pancakes in the morning for her and then iv bought a ton of fruit from the market for later - Strawberrys, grapes, blackberrys, dragon fruit of some kind, Mangoes, lychees, massive oranges.
    She always bugs me to eat more fruit - This may keep her quiet! :)

16. r4tch3t

r4tch3t hmmmm....

Got her a Rose delivered (the place always sells out so I had to get in a couple of weeks ago) We went out for luch, and we are going to the movies tonight :thumb:

17. PA!N

PA!N What's a Dremel?

Oh yea, I'll celebrate my birthday :D

18. woof82

woof82 What's a Dremel?

I climbed up to her window at 5am and placed a gift and a card in her room for her to find when she woke up. She seemed to like that, and returned fire by leaving some gifts in my room while I was in the shower.

Uh-oh, lecture time *chugs coffee*

19. RTT

RTT #parp

Valentines day? What's that? :confused:

20. Springs

Springs Boing boing

felling depressed and lonly like all other single men on bit-tech... :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.