1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding What can i call this??

Discussion in 'Modding' started by FreakBoy, 16 Jan 2003.

1. FreakBoy

FreakBoy What's a Dremel?

Was sorting through a load of junk the other day and found varies bits of crap (few pda's, game gear, game boy, junk, more junk, etc...)

Well since I couldn't sleep i decided to get me solderin iron out and have a play. below is the result.

It my game gear (well the backlight and power anyway) and a palm m100 in bits and thrown together like some techno vomit.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The palm is running hackmaster with fliiphack to get the screen the right way, and i'm using PalmAmp so i can control all my music from me bed/chair/floor (since my ir thingy knackered).

Anyway what the hell can i call it!!!??

Last edited: 16 Jan 2003
  2. Boggy

Boggy What's a Dremel?

i think it should be called the little red x mod([​IMG] ) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    i make myself laugh

3. FreakBoy

ah crap. stupid cable and firewalls and freeware http servers.

4. Boggy

Boggy What's a Dremel?

lol, dont worry man i see nuf red x's here not the end of the world just blame your host ,
    remember it is neva your fault :D :D :D
    dont listen to me i am really hyper

5. FreakBoy

Should be fixed.. phew! stress!!!

6. RAM Z

RAM Z What's a Dremel?

I see it.... And now my eyes hurt.:D

I'm impressed that someting that looks like that works.:D :D :D :D :D

Actually I'm jealous. I wanted to do something cool with my prism. I'd put it all in a box. THE BEAT BOX

7. Morphine

Morphine weeee!

thats actually really cool! gj on the techno vomit effect. and it really works?

can we get some pics of the screen?

8. Pflumingo

Pflumingo givem the bird.

I'd call it the Flux Capacitor... Wait that was already taken... Darn... All the good names are already taken.

Seriously.. call it..."Remotely out of Control"

9. Draxin

Draxin Seeker of Photons

so does that thing conect to you rig or is it a standalone. you mentioned controling music, and i dont remember the m100 having audio playback.

Im currently trying to write software for my palm m515 so when its in the craddel it works like a grahical LCD with a touchscreen interface. so the software is on the Palm with a conduate on the RIG the palm shows temps and stats and you can change the information displayed from the palm and the info is sent through the conduate continusly until removed.

so if yours has a conti9nus conduate to your rig maybe you could tell me where you got it or if you wrote it send me a copy of the code, PLEASE. this is the one thing i am having trouble with.

10. wedgius

wedgius What's a Dremel?

That's awesome - finally, a use for an m100. :D Too bad that's probably a hell of a thing to carry around.

I think you hit the name perfectly, with "Techno-Vomit." It doesn't look all nice and beautiful, but it definetely gets the job done. :)

11. Shadowspawn

Shadowspawn Another hated American.

"Fugly"?:rolleyes: :D haha, I kill myself.

12. FreakBoy

As requested here's a pic of the screen. It was a complete git to get this pic. the backlight is wayy to bright (can use it too like me whole damn room) and made my digicam go funny.

[​IMG]

Just to clear up some confusion there seems to be. Im not playing music ON the m100/"techno vomit" i'm controlling winamp on my main machine with this util .... http://www.pdacentral.com/palm/preview/33424.html

13. ZapWizard

ZapWizard Enter the Mod Matrix

It's a good mod, but that a pretty huge remote.

Similar to what I am doing with my media box, but the PDA will be mounted directly onto the PC

14. delphia

delphia What's a Dremel?

i like Pflumingo's suggestion.

Remotely out of control.