1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Displays What cleaning kit for U2711?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by GregTheRotter, 1 Mar 2013.

1. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

So I've tried using a glasses cleaning cloth, and just puffing on the screen, and that doesnt seem to make the situation any better. The dirt on the screen isnt visible when the screen is on obviously, but it seems a shame to have it looking tatty when it's off :worried: Anyone got any good recommendations on what to use for a Dell with that matte coating they have?

2. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

I use a simple glass cleaning liquid and a quality microfibre cloth. I tend to spray on the cloth then wipe the screen making sure it is dry with no streaks when finished.

3. mrbungle

mrbungle Undercooked chicken giver

I dunno if this is a bad idea but on all my cheapy lcd's window cleaner and a clean cotton towel works like a champ!

4. MSHunter

MSHunter Minimodder

I use LCD cleaner (less corrosive then glass cleaner) and a micro fiber cloth.

DO not use Glass clean or pressure on the Ultra sharps you may damage the AG coating.

5. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

To remove dust: Try micro fiber cloth.

To remove dirt: I use water and a microfiber cloth.

By water, I mean I don't submerge the monitor in water. What I mean I mildly put water on the cloth, keep is semi dry/humid, and while the monitor is warm (as it will dry instantly). It must be noted that my tap water is really not hard water (does not have high level of minerals). If you do have hard water, use distilled water.. actually use distilled water in any case.

For stock on stains (not for every day cleaning):
    -> Use 50% of 70-75% rubbing alcohol, mixed with 50% water. OR Use a few drop of white vinegar in water. Apply on cloth, obviously not directly on the screen.

I tried several monitor cleaning solutions, and all of them, while works on my TV and laptop screen, leaves streaks on my U2410 (same as U2711).

6. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

I just use kitchen paper wetted with water. Clean with the wet kitchen paper then dry it with dry kitchen paper. That's about the height of it. Its also good too look at your monitor in strong sunlight this really shows the dirt up.