1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Apple what comes in ipod mini box?

Discussion in 'Software' started by moddenmania, 14 Jul 2005.

1. moddenmania

moddenmania New Member

okay i'm thinking of getting an ipod not directly from apple will there be any difference from what i get? i think what i should get is the ipod the belt clip and earbuds correct?

2. firestarter03

firestarter03 New Member

There is an option of getting it engraved free on the website. That is really the only difference. Everything else you get will be identical if you didn't get it from apple.

Oh yeah you get an iTunes CD in the box too.

3. RTT

RTT #parp

^ what he said

You might as well buy it from Apple though - they usually have the best prices for their own stuff :)

4. c.cam108

c.cam108 Member

Have they reduced the amount of accessories in the iPod mini box when the second generation of minis came out? I know that they have dropped the firewire and charger, but what else is missing?

In my iPod mini box I got:
    - iPod mini
    - Belt clip
    - USB cable
    - Firewire cable
    - Mains charger (firewire)
    - UK style mains plug
    - User guide
    - Warranty booklet
    - Setup CD
    - Earbuds (foil sealed with 2 sets of fuzzy covers)

_C

5. Green Soda

Green Soda New Member

Buy it from apple. There is no point on buying it elsewhere because apple controls the prices. When you buy it from apple your going to get much better service, so save yourself the trouble down the road and buy it direct.

6. Lovah

Lovah Apple and Canon fanboy

Don't shoot me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure they have a iPod mini in them.

L

7. moddenmania

moddenmania New Member

actually i do belive you are wrong

8. moddenmania

moddenmania New Member

is the four gb 2nd gen or is that just the 6gb and whats the difference between the mini from hp?

Last edited: 15 Jul 2005
  9. Green Soda

Green Soda New Member

both mini's are 2nd gen, and there is no difference between apple and hp except for the box. i think the hp's are still branded apple anyway :p

10. moddenmania

moddenmania New Member

is it true that i cannot sync my ipod with multiple computers i want to be able to sync it with my computer with all of my music on it then my family computer with my pod casts on it

11. c.cam108

c.cam108 Member

Plug your iPod into iTunes and go to the iPod options window. Select "Manually manage songs" or something like that. You can then go through your library and select the songs you want, dragging them into the iPod section of iTunes. (Remember to go through the Safely Remove Hardware before unplugging the iPod when you have Manually Manage Songs selected.) Plug it in to your family's computer and (I assume) drag the Podcasts into the iPod (I'm not sure about this, as I have never used Podcasts). Just remember that your play counts will not increase in iTunes as they do in your iPod, as they are no longer automatically syncronised.

_C

12. mediacoretex

mediacoretex New Member

the new mini ipod dont come with a house charger u have to charge it with teh usb cable ):

Tags: