1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What currently makes your life awesome?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

I think I remember reading this was with the big non-fruit A? If so, I had a similar experience all the way through the recruitment process, the London office was as you expect and everyone one was super enthusiastic and smart.

It wasn’t right for me (or them, fortunately) and the 3+ hour round trip commute would have been a killer, but would have been an awesome place to work.

Good luck!

perplekks45 likes this.
  2. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

That's exactly right. Shame I couldn't meet anyone in person due to the virus, but the interviews were fun, the people smart and enthusiastic, the job sounds interesting.

It's just that right now I work 4-day weeks and have a job that's safe as houses and probably a lot less stressful than the one I've been interviewed for.

3. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

It's a Sony Trinitron Multiscan 210ES. It's worth at least trying it to see if it can do 15Khz IMO.

If I had a graphics card which supported soft15khz or emudriver or similar then it'd be an easy test... The only card I have which does support this is an AGP card - my retro Win98 machine doesn't have an AGP slot because it has graphics built in to the motherboard...!

4. perplekks45

A productive day:

• Lots of cleaning and tidying done in the kitchen and living room
    • Got rid of a lot of returnables at the supermarket
    • Received frozen meat, fish and veg from the Netherlands today. The freezer is literally packed now
    • Sat in the sun earlier, reading Dune
    • Worked out hard
    • Sitting in the sun again with a cold beer right now
    • Will have a bath afterwards
    • My fiancé will prepare dinner (rump steak with a red wine mushroom sauce and pasta)
    • Will either watch a movie (THE VVITCH, maybe) or play something relaxing on the PC tonight (Dead Cells, Risk of Rain 2, ...)
    • And I'm still in high spirits thanks to the great interview marathon yesterday
    What good day. Can we please find a way to make every day like this one?

Pete J and Byron C like this.
  5. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Found that video earlier. At 34 seconds? that is what my male used to do right in my earhole of a morning. It was LOUD lol.

It was like he was saying "DAD, DAAAAD, GET UP"

Used to do that too lol. "Yum yum yum yum"

6. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Community season 3 episode 9 with a German.

Oh god the anger at fake German. It's hilarious.

7. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Yeah, our tortie is like that too:

[​IMG]

Noisy, chatty creature.

8. Vault-Tec

That's why I love them. Bengals are super, super naughty too, which I like even more lol.

Ah well, one day. One day I should be able to have another one. I had two girls here in the UK.

[​IMG]

On the left is Rapunzel, on the right Dolly. Rapunzel was stunning, but she was a bitch. A real nasty little cat. I mean she was affectionate in her own way, but she would just switch sometimes.

[​IMG]

Some of them are like that. She was painfully shy, and could turn nasty pretty quickly. Whilst most bengals are more like dogs some can be very reclusive and will lash out. I guess that's the wild in them and if you get one like that there isn't much you do. Dolly on the other hand was extremely gentle. Such a dear little thing.

[​IMG]

And naughty too. But good naughty. Like anything that wasn't strapped down she would steal. I used to call her "play time" because all she did all day was play. They used to have a wicker toy basket full of cat toys, and over the course of the day Dolly would get every one of them out and dance around like an idiot.

Pens? straws? anything and she would have it.

[​IMG]

Like if you tapped a pen on the table Dolly would very gently tap it, claws away. Then she would pick it up in her mouth and do a runner. Punzel? she would just rip into you.

9. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Feeling pretty good at the moment, took a bit of control over my diet, eating a lot healthier and in the past 10 days have managed to lose just over 5lbs. While the physical effects have been nice (feeling a lot slimmer, not so self conscious of ill fitting clothes!) the mental health effects have been even better. I feel like I've really got into the swing of things once again and making productive use of this time at home!

IanW, adidan, Vault-Tec and 2 others like this.
  10. perplekks45

And another great day, productive as well. Cycling for a bit, enjoying the fresh bread we baked yesterday as well as the cod pâté we made this morning for breakfast. Now I'm BBQ'ing dry aged pork and drinking local beer.

If I didn't have to work for a living, this would be the perfect life.

Pete J and adidan like this.
  11. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

Was Rapunzel been neutered...?

12. Vault-Tec

Yes. They both were. I got them from my ex wife, long before we were involved. That was how I met her. Rapunzel was a milk mother, but she got pyometra and had to be spayed.

Breeding bengals is actually very hard, and in most cases they will all be still born. So Dolly and Rapunzel were rejects :(

13. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Was cleaning out yesterday and found some old dumbbells and that, decided to list them alongside some other bits taking up much needed room this afternoon.

When I was listing it indicated the buy it now price was trending way above what I was going to put in. took a punt at what the trending price was and they sold for £80 +£20 postage in an hour.

What...?

I know gyms being shut will make the demand for dumbbells much higher but jeez

Money much needed though!

IanW and goldstar0011 like this.
  14. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

Very little... being alive counts, I guess.

15. Vault-Tec

All of my crap for the loft arrived. And all of my vape gear and absolutely everything else. Chuffed !

IanW and Mr_Mistoffelees like this.
  16. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

Finally had some time to start messing around with my skt 775 systems again. Still need some DDR3 to get my Asus rampage on the test bench but for now the XFX 780i SLI will do.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Yep that is an OG Titan... :D

[​IMG]

Specs are:

XFX 780i SLI
    Q9550 @ 3.6Ghz (for now)
    6GB DDR2 800Mhz
    Titan (no real reason tbh)
    H100 or H110 (280mm) & Zip ties....

Also managed to snag an Asus 3850X2 for my collection. Sold for parts but works flawlessly. Result!

perplekks45 and adidan like this.
  17. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

I got bored on Sunday and started building a workbench out of scrap and offcuts, today I got round to mounting my woodworking vice:

[​IMG]

A beautiful 1930s Record 52½, it came free with our last house and I made sure it came with me when we moved.

On the other side I have an similar vintage Record 23, for metal, innit?

Mr_Mistoffelees and xaser04 like this.
  18. perplekks45

So, the company I had my interviews with called me today. The feedback was "very positive" and they definitely want to hire me. But they see me in a different position (perfectly fine by me, I'd prefer that role anyway) and they now have to check whether or not they even have an open position for me. All in all, still a great experience and apparently a positive result.

[ZiiP] NaloaC, IanW, xaser04 and 3 others like this.
  19. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

Not quite as old, a bit smaller, and a little broken :)

[​IMG]

20. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

Couple of bits of plywood and it'll be in top form; it's got character!

Mr_Mistoffelees and yodasarmpit like this.