1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What currently makes your life awesome?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 28 Oct 2009.

1. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Byron C likes this.
  2. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Got my first jab today, no ill effects other than a bit of a dead arm. Downside was a heap of pain from the travelling to and from the vaccination centre at millennium point, but needs must.

IanW, DeadP1xels and Byron C like this.
  3. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Partner bought a car today. came out of the blue but she bought one... she’s not passed her test yet but plans to which will relieve a lot of the pressure from me. She’s a great driver but just needs to do the test when they start back up.

Now my car has hit 165k miles it’s extremely nice to know we have a backup car!

Also, because bank holiday payday came early!

Last edited: 29 May 2021
  4. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

The better half's daughter graduated high school last night. Not mine, but still proud.

IanW, Mr_Mistoffelees and The_Crapman like this.
  5. Andersen

Andersen I'm fine. I'M FINE! *banshee howl*

Lasering off the unwanted facial fuzz resumes today

KayinBlack, liratheal and The_Crapman like this.
  6. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

We got most of the balcony set up for summer and it's just a joy to behold (to me, at least).

Growing chillies, peppers, tomatoes, potatoes, peas, basil, rosemary, thyme, and strawberries.

7. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

My lady would love the space to grow all that.

8. Modsbywoz

Modsbywoz Multimodder

So after being a little cavalier with finances over the past 5 or so years (expensive holidays, getting married, new car, house redecoration etc) I should be debt free by the end of this year. It will be a big milestone i'm looking forward to.

MadGinga, Goatee, Pete J and 3 others like this.
  9. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

We never had the space then we moved in here (over 7.5 years ago, damn...) and here we have a roughly 2m x 6m balcony. LOVE IT!

liratheal likes this.
  10. Andersen

Things have been going my way lately. More and more people use my chosen name, only in private for now, and it feels... right. Body is changing, ladies are growing and getting harder and harder to hide, my beard has reduced a fair bit thanks to laser and my hair is growing at a fast pace. Noticed a change in body hair. Its partially turned into vellus hair, even my previously thick and dark leg hair has changed to thinner and paler version of itself. Skin too has gotten pale enough to make me literally glow on camera. Not forgetting the new err adult side of things. Its changed completely, not going into details but being a switch is fun

All of that is thanks to eliminating one hormone and upping another. Testosterone clearly was not for me.

I. Am. 100%. Loving. This.

Edit: not forgetting mental health. Haven't felt this great since mid 90s.

11. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Always good to hear this sort of stuff. A friend's kid is going through the same, albeit in the opposite "direction" and by all accounts is having a similar experience. You do hear a lot about how unhappy people are beforehand and how they just don't feel like "them", along with all the crap from other people about it. It's awesome to hear about the journey to get where you need to be and how much you are enjoying things.

12. Andersen

Thank you

Gender dysphoria is not a nice thing to have. There's only one approtiate treatment for it: transition. Anything else is snake oil, malpractice and abuse.

I had decided to commit suicide on Jan 29th this year.

That is no longer an option.

DeadP1xels, Fantus and Almightyrastus like this.
  13. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

That is a sobering line to read...

I’m extremely glad you chose to follow your true path and look forward to reading future updates in this thread.

14. Andersen

You are not the only one. In order to live I had to take drastic and potentially dangerous steps to stay alive.

Got this close to it, literally 166 left to live when I got started with DIY.

[​IMG]

NHS guideline is 18 weeks tops for diagnosis and treatment. Transgender people are on waiting lists several years long, that has a price that should not be paid: human lives. Would be easy to save each and every one but for some reason us transgender people are hated everywhere so money to GICs is tight. I mean look at this crap from today:

[​IMG]

Myself? FINALLY got a GP to refer me in November last year. Thankfully I can afford DIY as I was neither willing or able to wait years. I'll make NHS pay in the form of lasering or electrolysing certain areas (beard is going to be sorted long before first appointment), FFS and GRS. Because I can and I know my rights.

No one gets to stomp on those. No one

15. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Fun fact: In The Matrix, which was an allegory for the process of transitioning right down to taking the "red pill", the character of Switch was supposed to be the opposite gender inside the Matrix as outside. Sadly, the idea was dropped - but the name remained.

In my own news, which I won't formally announce until next week 'cos I'm technically still supposed to be on a break, I've picked up some news shifts at The Register. I got into reading that way back, long before I became a journo myself, so it's going to be a bit surreal seeing my byline on there.

Might end up posting in the widdershins thread, though, 'cos I'm starting at 0700 and working through to 1500, then working from 1500 to close on my existing clients...

trigger, Byron C, Isitari and 2 others like this.
  16. Andersen

Matrix is 100% trans :naughty:

In other news: hormones brewed in Chernobyl reactor #4 arrived. My source is awesome, going to cost just a touch over seven quid per month including injection supplies. 100µg patches that I've been using cost £80 to £120 per month depending on brand

17. spolsh

spolsh Multimodder

Garuf at Vulture Central ? You gonna do the fun playmobil articles ?

IanW and Gareth Halfacree like this.
  18. Andersen

Strange. Seems like my E2 level is erm high after injection I did yesterday. Massive euphoria that keeps on going.

Replacing the T with E was a great idea

Edit: GP finally referred me to Charing Cross hospital gender services

Last edited: 4 Jun 2021
    The_Crapman likes this.
  19. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

My roughly 40 year old motor home has a great A/C. That also works after possibly 10 years sitting idle. I think the fridge is well newer than that but it's cooling just as well. Just need to get my outside plug sorted out and a new microwave. It might work but it has more dials than my oven. Coffee maker is good, too.

20. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

After putting it off for quite literally *years*, I've finally got around to upgrading my laptop from Ubuntu 16.04(!) to 20.04. Had to go via 18.04, but it worked fine - and now I've got GIMP 2.10 and all the other niceness I'm used to on the desktop. Doesn't seem to have harmed the battery life, either - I'm still idling comfortably below 3W.