1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What currently makes your life awesome?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 28 Oct 2009.

1. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

That’s a bummer, I always panic when sending high value goods if I remembered to photograph the serial. I’m not sure it would matter with eBay…

Anyway, matey boy is standing his ground, It be quicker in the long run if he doesn’t bother and I push for a refund on the 28th having refused to provide a label. I can then just recycle the cameras and forget about it rather then wait for the refund.

These cases are usually pretty complex (and frustrating) but ultimately it the goods have resale value it’s worth providing a label to recoupe some costs and provide good customer service( speaking from experience) by not doing it suggests you know it was crap to begin with

It’s funny how someone who talked so highly of his integrity and professionalism has resorted to mocking and flooding with emojis…

2. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

This morning, I was running early enough to visit the cafe en route to work.
    Now sitting at my office desk, getting outside of a bacon/sausage bap! :D

Pete J and Mr_Mistoffelees like this.
  3. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

That's a good way of putting it!

4. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Driving past all the queues for petrol last night, in my electric car

[​IMG]

xaser04, Vault-Tec, Byron C and 2 others like this.
  5. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

I've got a plug-in hybrid, and ever since a breakdown I've kept 20 litres of diesel in the garage for the X-Trail, I doubt I'll need it but it might become necessary?

Pete J and Arboreal like this.
  6. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

If you haven't added a stabiliser, you're going to want to use and refresh that diesel every six months or so.

7. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

Aye I've considered as much, but I'm sure it will get used naturally and not require tending to; Laura's the type to not fill her tank and there will be a situation where we need to go somewhere in a hurry. That or I'll get another phone call saying her car has mysteriously broken down and I'll have to come out and repair it with diesel.

8. andrew8200m

andrew8200m Multimodder

Proud new dad to a little girl at 5.40 this morning! :grin:

She’s lovely!!

NickCPC, David, DeanSUNIAIU and 13 others like this.
  9. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Congrats!

[​IMG]

10. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Thanks to an early morning start avoiding most other road users, I have enough fuel to ensure I can go somewhere in an emergency. Add to that the fact my boss is letting me work from home this week to avoid being part of the problem, and I am one happy bunny.

11. Andersen

Andersen I'm fine. I'M FINE! *banshee howl*

118/120cm is now 116/138cm :grin:

Top row left is November 2020, 3mo HRT. Bottom right would be about halfway through July this year with 11mo of HRT

[​IMG]

There's a fair bit of changes between top right and bottom left. Difference is caused by me finally having excellent, well above NHS guidelines, E2 level. For whatever reason NHS loves to force people to stay below 750pmol whereas myself and many others need much higher amount of E2 in their bodies. Feminisation was quite poor in the first few months, fixed by switching to different brand of patches, but as I'm on injections (hooray for 8mg weekly with 100% bioavailability) now its ramped up massively. I have trouble recognising myself in old photos. Deadlife stays dead, farewell to depression, self-hate, hatred and hiding

Welcome Life 1.0

Last edited: 27 Sep 2021
    Byron C likes this.
  12. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

I wish I were in the same boat. Just been out to try and find some fuel as car is on last reserves. All 3 local stations closed with nothing at all available. Thank fully I am working at home this week, as is my wife. However, I do need to take the car for its MOT tomorrow and I should have JUST enough for that although it may well be a walk with a can to get more when places finally get some more in.

13. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

Bit of fiddling with a Quadro FX4500 (GTX 7800 512 proxy) on my Asrock XP retro build (after the XPS switched itself off due to overheating when testing Crysis.... *yay* - and yes it has been repasted / cleaned out etc).

Turns out it clocks quite nicely. From 425/1050 stock all the way to ~570/1250 in a Crysis stable scenario.

Makes very little difference in making the game playable with anything but low shaders, but hey ho... :)

14. Mr_Mistoffelees

Having not even tried to get petrol when out on Tuesday, due to the mindless idiots, today the wife was able to fill up the car and, only had to wait for one car queueing infront! The car was down to an eighth of a tank. This means we are OK for 4 or 5 weeks.

Pete J likes this.
  15. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

I have paid off my student loan :hip:

Goatee, goldstar0011, Byron C and 9 others like this.
  16. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Have been spending my lunch break watching 'sh!tty drivers caught on dashcams'. The funny thing is, I'd say about half the time, it's the guy who's recorded it (i.e. who thinks he's in the right) who's at fault.

17. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

Just a few weeks ago I was entering a mini-roundabout with right of way, when I slammed on for a driver entering the roundabout in front of me that appeared to have no intention of giving way, which is good because he subsequently did not. He blew through and we ended up next to each other at a set of lights up the road. Windows were down and he shouts over at me telling me to learn to drive and some such and that he's got me on dashcam back there, except with more f-bombs. I say plainly that's not how roundabouts work and turn off when the lights change.

I'm still hopeful that I find the video on youtube one way.

Pete J likes this.
  18. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

I watch a channel called UK Dashcams a lot, and in an overwhelming majority of cases the **** is the one with the camera. Even when the other driver is clearly at fault, the cammers make the situation far worse and far more dangerous.

If I rode a motorbike like these peope drove their cars then I'd have got myself killed years ago.

Pete J likes this.
  19. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Having jumped through various hoops to get through to O2, had to suggest I wanted to upgrade just to get anywhere in the end.

MANY MANY MANY
    queues and departments later... I finally got through to the cancellations department. Turns out they couldn't actually do the cancellations which required taking payment for the outstanding balance because they were working from home. I'd have to wait 4-5 days for O2 to call me back to take payment :(

Anywho, that was quicker than they initially said as someone called me this morning to settle up. Unfortunately, I had to call back a different department to cancel and adjust the contracts but thankfully that was done much easier.

What was once a £72 O2 bill for an iPhone & iPad both with device plans and airtime is now a £10 airtime for just the iPhone.

Feels good man.

Come the end of November my car insurance is up for renewal and rather than shell out £45 monthly I should be down to around £315 annually.

IanW and Mr_Mistoffelees like this.
  20. Mr_Mistoffelees

Don't worry, rising energy prices will make sure you don't have too much money.

perplekks45 likes this.