1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What currently makes your life awesome?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

wasn't given any by the docs only instructions to take it with food.

2. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

Chat can be hidden and how the hardcoded overlays etc are used is according the streamer, so varies a lot (I find generally people you like will have similar preferences when it comes to obtrusiveness).
    Hit cinema mode, hide the chat and it is just a video stream.

3. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

First thing I do if I have to watch a stream - companies sometimes think it's a wizard lark to get down with the yoof and do product launches on Twitch - is hide the chat. Then when my mandatory participation is over... I close Twitch and don't go back until it's time to renew my free sub to my friend's channel.

Could I dig through the dross and find channels I like on there? Yeah, probably. Am I willing to put that effort in, when I could just go and do something else instead? Nah. And, to bring us full circle, given how much the top streamers are raking in I don't think they miss my participation one bit.

Mr_Mistoffelees likes this.
  4. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

I'm on holiday. One and a half weeks of not having to listen to the morons that make up about 90% of the staff of the main client I'm trying to consult for work.

Pete J likes this.
  5. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

That's OK, how long are you taking it for?
    I had it for a couple of months

6. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

All these posts about Twitch... I really should get back on and start streaming again! I'm still trying to find the right balance between: working, studying, cooking & cleaning, gaming for fun, streaming, and not being a neglectful asshole to the other half...

7. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

A good point!

@Gareth Halfacree nailed it for me though in that A) I don't watch any sports (apart from Strongman, because it's awesome) and B) ADHD-as-a-Service (which is a brilliant summary).

8. Andersen

Andersen I'm fine. I'M FINE! *banshee howl*

Hehee it went flawlessly. My arrival was so well on point I saw lads carry last two bags in the house

IanW likes this.
  9. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

Two weeks left of my god awful job. Can't ****ing wait to see the back of this place. Should have stuck to my plan and dumped them in April last year but no, I had to become a sentimental retard and babysit them through this COVID nothing burger.

Ungrateful ****s.

stephen0205, IanW and Pete J like this.
  10. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Realising that I didn't kill my CPU last night after all.

See here and here

Arboreal, Pete J and Mr_Mistoffelees like this.
  11. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

There's nothing quite like leaving a workplace you hate.

IanW and Pete J like this.
  12. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

So true. I remember handing in my notice to my despised manager and it was all I could do to stop from smirking. Or flipping the bird.

13. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

We're going for dinner and drinks tomorrow evening. Been so damn long since we did that, I'm really looking forward to it.

Pete J, Arboreal and theshadow2001 like this.
  14. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

Isn't that the truth, and after this afternoon their 2 weeks is very VERY quickly becoming 2 minuets.

IanW and theshadow2001 like this.
  15. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Spent today overhauling my benchmark suite. I'm trying to move away from synthetics to more real-world workloads. So, on top of compression, browser performance, gaming, and image editing, I've now got OCR, video encode, encryption, 3D shaders, and machine learning. Should cover most bases there, I think!

16. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

Managed to squeeze the 34cm long XFX RX6800 into my wife's new CM NR200P which officially can only fit a GPU that is 33cm long.

As an extra bonus I was able to re-use the PSU and cooler from the NZXT H1 with no real extra faff (apart the whole tetris approach to building).

17. stephen0205

stephen0205 MrSteve

DO IT. have a little vacation before your new position. Assuming your going elsewhere

18. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

If we're doing minuets, Air on a G String. Funny name but I enjoy the music.

19. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

nothing definite yet as my intention a temp job to tie me over whilst I get back in shape ready for a potential new role starting next april. I'm a primary key holder and my shitty hours make it really difficult to get time off to go to interviews.

Last edited: 8 Oct 2021
  20. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Just came home from holiday. Was debating what thread to put it in, as I think I've had Covid all week.

Tree picked me up last Monday, and then near on walked me to death lol. I felt unusually knackered though. Tuesday I just felt really tired and drained. Middle of Tuesday night I awoke to throw up three times, then spent four hours on the toilet for the other end.... I still didn't think it was anything bad though (just anxiety and nerves) so I went to Gary's for game night. Had a really fun night, was lovely catching up with the boys. Saw Gary's Lotus 7 rep he built too, it's stunning. He also has super toys ! lathe, proper cast iron band saw, mill etc. I like it at Gary's a lot......

Got home and realised my throat was really sore and swollen. Then from Weds on I've generally felt like dog poo warmed up. Had to cancel Tree's birthday lunch fine dining (I owe you one bro) and spend the rest of the holiday in the caravan. Was tempted to have a super grumble about it all but tbh? I had tons of fun besides. Was lovely to see all the boys too.

I now have to self isolate for a couple more days. Which tbh? I could do with any way. Right now all I am left with is a banging headache, so it could be worse.