1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What currently makes your life awesome?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

got on the scales this morning after spending a month working out for the Police fitness exam. I've lost nearly a stone and half.

Pete J, adidan and Mr_Mistoffelees like this.
  2. DeanSUNIAIU

DeanSUNIAIU Modder

Well done, you deserve a cake for that.

3. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

xmas day i'll have a little junk food but i expect to feel horrible come boxing day

4. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Feedback from the first part of one of my assignments that I completed on Monday. Provisional grade (subject to validation by exam board) is 73%, which is a 1st - yeah, I'll take that, thanks! :grin:

Now I just have to do the rest of the bloody assignments: a (fairly complex) Java program and three written reports totalling around 15,000-20,000 words! :waah:

adidan likes this.
  5. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Instant Karma for a troll. There are two maps on PUBG I really don't like. Sanhok, AKA "W*nksock" as I call it, and Taego. Mostly because in certain scenarios you are totally blind and there are just too many blind spots. Last night without realising I entered one. And I got pasted. As you can see I was desperately trying to find him, but he knows all of the dead spots and parts where I can't see him at all. And he used them very well. Every time I looked I couldn't see anything, so I decided to stay put to try and see him as I had no cover other than a rock.

Sure enough he kept moving. Pretty well tbh. This meant I couldn't locate him, so eventually he got to a spot where he could spam me with his Mini 14 and get his knock. And he did. However, instead of doing what most players would do (either wait for my team mates to shoot at them, or just finish me off) instead he decided to play troll. Over he came, running around me and dropping meds that I couldn't use because I was knocked. B-stard. All of a sudden two shots rang out and Marts (my team mate) destroyed him LMAO

Karma is a bitch.

Goatee likes this.
  6. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Went for a hike in the snow today (while on a short holiday in the German Black Forest region). My wife and I said "it's our last day, the sun's out, let's start walking into the woods and see where it takes us". So we did. 10km, 3 hours and 46 minutes later, we are exhausted but really happy. The snow was frozen on top and we broke through most of the time. Since I'm quite a heavy dude, I ended up knee-deep in the snow with probably 1/3 of the 12k+ steps (10-15cm over my ankles with another 1/3). This was the toughest walk in a long time, but oh so satisfying.

Now, beer.

7. Vault-Tec

New Binky today? or is it tomorrow for non patreons?

8. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

As you have no doubt noticed by now, it's usually Friday for patreons, Saturday for everyone else.

In other news, third batch of 5G nanobots have been installed successfully. Score now Pfizer 2, Moderna 1.

9. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

A little win, but I'll take it: there's new community-written firmware for the DevTerm's keyboard and trackball, based on the official sources, and it massively improves the trackball. It was borderline unusable before, and now it's still not perfect - bit glitchy on the diagonals - but much, much better.

Still no progress on getting the 480-pixel-high screen to actually show 480 rows, though: it cuts off the top four rows...

Arboreal likes this.
  10. IamJudd

IamJudd Multimodder

What they managed to achieve with Spiderman No Way Home, how it affects phase 4, the fan service and how good Brits are at playing American Superheroes!

It's not the last time we will see Tom Holland as our FNSM and I'm not about to post any spoilers! It's made my day seeing it in the cinema with the family!

11. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

Thought I'd got a lemon until I pulled it apart and stripped out the dogshit factory grease. Shoots lovely now.

need to get a few more mags tho but I've time before the spring season.

[​IMG]

Pete J and Almightyrastus like this.
  12. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

After a massive push to get the last of the work done - I've been updating the Beginners Guide to the Raspberry Pi for the new Bullseye and Pi Zero 2 stuff, which has seen me working 15-hour days for the past couple of weeks straight - I'm finished for the year.

Got some exciting projects coming up in the new year, too, but I'm hoping I can take a bit more time off in 2022 than I did in 2021!

13. Vault-Tec

An honest Ebay seller. I bought this yesterday.

[​IMG]

I got an email around midnight. Apparently someone had contacted him and told him it was fake. This was news to me, as I had no idea fakes even existed. At first I thought someone may have offered him more after, so I decided to do some digging. It turns out that it was indeed fake. The real ones are supposed to have either a 7000 alu braking lip or forged carbon. Not just weave. Mavic became aware of them so bought some to do some testing. 50 brake cycles.

[​IMG]

100 brake cycles.

[​IMG]

It was a front wheel too..... That wouldn't have ended well.

14. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

So buggered within a week if you use the bike a lot…

I imagine Mavic will be doing all they can to stop them being sold, especially as they have had a solid reputation for quality, for decades. I always used Mavic rims when I built my wheels.

15. Vault-Tec

Yeah. If I rode it fixed without brakes (illegal) or removed the front brake (also illegal) then I would have maybe been OK. But I do use both brakes. I have to, we have a cycle path that runs along side a foot path and people always walk in the cycle path. Or step into it. Which means I need to be heavy on the brakes, as the bike is a flying machine and I like to really get my legs into it.

Plus I paid £60 for a Campagnolo brake for the front a while back (not fitted it yet) so yeah, no way that was getting binned.

16. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

That feeling when your new work laptop is significantly more powerful than your desktop machine!

Byron C likes this.
  17. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Just finished Leviathan Falls, the last Expanse book... never underestimate Jim Holden's ability to **** everything up.

There's a brilliant Cowboy Bebop reference in there too.

18. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Being on the absolute cusp of a purchase and finding a 20% discount code that actually works.

Mr_Mistoffelees, adidan and IanW like this.
  19. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Pay rise(s) confirmed for next year, nice tidy little bump to keep things ticking over.

20. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

IFTFY