1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What currently makes your life awesome?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 28 Oct 2009.

1. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

2. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

perplekks45, spolsh, IanW and 4 others like this.
  3. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

final assessment passed. am now officially a bacon sandwich.

4. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Bought a Ninja Foodi recently. It has a dehydrate function. I can make beef jerky.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Doesn't look like much, and it was a little greasy - I need to do a better job of drying off the meat before it starts dehydrating. But good god that was the best damn beef jerky I've ever had, ate the whole damn lot in one sitting.

I followed this marinade receipe for the first batch; I let it sit for about 16 hours and it was dehydrating for about 5.5hrs at 70C. I'm currently marinating a batch using this recipe, I'll let it sit for 18hrs and then dehydrate for about 7hrs.

5. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

I wish I still had the teeth for jerky :(

6. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

I didn't let that stop me before teeth. Just avoided really tough stuff. Bacon jerky is a good place to look.

7. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Performance bonus, completely unexpected… Kind of wishful thinking for a while (cuz cost of living crisis). Got taken aside for some quite frankly boring chat about moving some desks about when “Hey, so you know I’ve asked management to approve a bonus for you and it’s gone through, you’re smashing it lately mate keep it up..”

Money is great and all but sometimes feeling like you’re valued is enough… being feeling a bit “meh” lately and it’s a much needed boost.

Isitari, Byron C, IanW and 5 others like this.
  8. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

Local independent Bakery has started doing their Gluten Free range of muffins again. Enjoyed a nice Cherry Muffin with a good cuppa this afternoon.

Sometimes being a Coeliac isn't too bad (although remembering to take milk aid tablets can lead to a not too pleasant experience... *yay for also being lactose intolerant*)

Certainly lightened the mood after Win 11 taking a massive dump causing many lost hours troubleshooting and reinstalling everything. Luckily anything important is on the NAS by design so nothing critical lost just my patience.

adidan likes this.
  9. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Would like to find some really good bread.

I managed to find GF pizzas that are awesome some time ago. When I first had one I had to double check they were GF.

Better from them direct from their van but they now deliver for your fridge/freezee - my GF does eat gluten but reckons these are some of the best pizzas she's eaten.

https://dou-h.co.uk/our-story/

xaser04 likes this.
  10. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

Wall mounted my new TV today. Got it nice and level first try, at the height I wanted it at. Looks real tidy.

11. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

Funnily enough we picked up some bread at the same point as the Muffins. Expensive at £3 for a loaf which will barely do two rounds of sandwiches for two people, but quite a lot nicer than the Supermarket stuff.

EDIT: Also Lorna Shore just dropped Part II of their Deathcore Symphony / Power Ballad (only real way to describe it). Beautiful yet utterly brutal at the same time. Certainly helping with Timesheet entries..:)

Last edited: 3 Oct 2022
    adidan and goldstar0011 like this.
  12. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Teeth jerky. Interesting...

adidan, Byron C and Vault-Tec like this.
  13. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Weighed myself last night... 16st. That's 3 stone gone :eeek:

Two or three more to go and I will be stoked. That said I am already finding life so much easier. Thanks to the weight loss and the painkillers I can actually do stuff.

14. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

Was having issues with the plex client which would start lagging after awhile of watching, seen someone recommend infuse, now it's silky smooth!

Last edited: 5 Oct 2022
  15. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

1. Googles "Infuse"
    2. Discovers it's Apple only
    3. Has a sad. :(

16. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

We got Guinea pigs… well they’re technically an early gift for my son who turns 5 in November. He loves animals, my partner not so much… but she seems more excited than him and orchestrated the whole thing. Nice to have some furry friends for company

Also, boot full of auction goodies. Restarting my eBay shop properly tomorrow and a day off means I can photograph and list in utter silence. I’ve had it since Monday so waiting has been hard. A brief look I’ve noticed one lot contains two cameras I didn’t even see in the auction listing worth ~£180 alone… baring in mind I paid on the basis of said photo assuming guaranteed profit without those finds. This is why I enjoy it so much :clap:

ElThomsono likes this.
  17. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Hooray for Guinea Pigs! I am without Piggies for the first time in over a decade this year, the last two keeled over earlier in the summer, but they were both pushing 9.
    Might be telling you how to boil an egg, but make sure they live somewhere in the house with you. Piggies like company, I despair of all the people that leave them to languish in the garage in the dark.

18. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

Wheek wheek wheek!

DeadP1xels likes this.
  19. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Awesome. Well done mate. Having witnessed the hard work and mad long hours that get put in at tally ho and at home, I know how hard it really is. :clap::thumb:

In other news, I made it! Against all the odds, I survived. Somehow :hehe:
    PXL_20221007_081059812.jpg

And Mrs Crap is a ****ing legend :rock::clap:
    PXL_20221007_081130417.jpg

20. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

Only 40? Damned young whippersnapper…

Vault-Tec and mrlongbeard like this.