1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What currently makes your life awesome?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 28 Oct 2009.

1. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

Fifth? That's Silicon, right?

Pete J, perplekks45, Isitari and 4 others like this.
  2. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Big snowflakes :happy:

3. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

Who's upset them this time?

4. adidan

Nobody I don't think, looks like they're having a lovely gangbang outside

5. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Added me to the other half's car insurance earlier. We paid annually, so any additional premium would need to be paid up front.

Cost us a grand total of £8.67. That'll do.

There are some industrial estates nearby, so I can slap on some L plates and get used to driving a car before I book some professional lessons. Hopefully it won't take much before I book the test.

Pete J and Arboreal like this.
  6. spolsh

spolsh Multimodder

Book test NOW, my nephew has just had to wait months for his test. You've just got to get used to "car" as you already know "bike".

Arboreal, IanW, adidan and 1 other person like this.
  7. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

I've thought about this. I know there's a waiting list, but I'm gonna wait until I'm ready for the test, even if it means waiting a few months extra. I'd rather take the test when I'm confident (or an instructor is confident) that I can pass it than fail the test and have to wait months again before I can book another.

I doubt there'll be much of an issue, I passed the bike test with zero faults even though I thought I'd totally shafted it. But I'm 41 and still don't have a car licence, I've waited this long so another few months makes absolutely no difference to me!

Mr_Mistoffelees likes this.
  8. Midlight

Midlight Minimodder

I booked mine in February last year, the earliest they had at the time was October. My instructor saw that I was ready earlier and was able to swap my test date with another of their students who needed more time. So, that is always an option. I think you can also postpone your own test if you give the DVSA more than a weeks notice.

9. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

I got a new job!!! :clap::clap::clap::clap: :rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock:

Mental to think it was a random call off a recruiter who saw "treasury" on my LinkedIn profile and chanced that I might be interested. Wasn't looking, but really glad I got it.

10. keef247

keef247 Modder

pics/videos or it never happened ;)

adidan likes this.
  11. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

It lives! Automated CI/CD build & deployment pipeline and everything!

[​IMG]

Still not quite ready yet though, I need to learn how to customise the theme template(s). I want to have just a header image instead of text overlaid on top of an image, like the old wordpress site I'm moving from:

[​IMG]

So I've turned off the header image for now. Need to do me some learnin' about Hugo, CSS, etc.

EDIT: By jove, I think I've got it... Bit of poking around with the Inspector in Developer Tools found the offending elements... Override the theme's header file with my own customised copy which omits the elements which render the h1 and h2 text, remove the class on the parent div which was "darkening" the header image...

Problem now is that this "featured image" I'm using as the header cascades to all posts, so they all have the header image as a preview...

[​IMG]

I'm sure I can find a "creative" way to solve that...

Last edited: 15 Mar 2023
  12. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

Re-built my ARC test bench around an AM5 platform (sold my "old" 12700K / Z690 / DDR4 platform). Main reason was to take advantage of drop in CPU upgrades into the future.

Went for the cheapest B650 / 7600 bundle Scan had which has a Gigabyte board (they seem to be better when it comes to memory sub timings, at least in the more entry level area). Ended up with the Gigabyte B650 Gaming X and Ryzen 7600 for £379*. Dropped in some Vengeance DDR5 6000C36 (tighter sub timings than the C32 Flare X I was looking at) and it ******* flies. I haven't spent any time in the bios yet (EXPO not yet enabled) but the CPU is already boosting to 5.15Ghz in multi core workloads (Steam downloading, Xbox installing and Windows updates in progress) and is barely breaking a sweat. Coming from the 12700K (@5.3) I was expecting some sort of difference, but honestly outside of multi core CB R23 I can't tell. If anything it actually feels snappier in use.

No doubt it will be slower in multi core workloads but for its purpose it will be perfect. Hope to drop in a 3D model in the future once the prices comes down a bit / more availability.

*I know this isn't particularly cheap but for AM5 it isn't too bad.

13. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Yes, yes I can.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

PS, the Amiga 600 is fine btw - it got recapped and re-instated back to full working order. In fact it even got a new home, it's now owned by someone who will get far more use out of it than I did.

xaser04 likes this.
  14. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

Not bad little tablet, not bad....

[​IMG]

i9 12900H in the Flow Z13 with a 95w PL2 sustained for 80 seconds. Topped out at 89c on the CPU during the test which isn't too bad considering the overall size (Liquid metal & a vapour chamber certainly helps!).

Stock is mid 14k for this chip.

Isn't going to win any awards for fastest laptop chip, especially not with the new 13980HX and 7945HX smashing through the 30k mark, but for its class it is doing pretty well. Trounces the ~13,500 my Legion scores with its 5800H @ 4.2Ghz sustained.

The_Crapman and Mr_Mistoffelees like this.
  15. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Was watching the GTC keynote yesterday when up popped an animation featuring the machines of the robotics company I just got a job with :eeek:[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Chuft badge mode engaged :grin:

16. adidan

Cool.

Although that just made me think that in a few years time, as they come marching over the hill, there'll be someone saying "look, I know that bot, it's Gary from Skynet" :happy:

IanW and The_Crapman like this.
  17. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Or "crappy built this one! You can tell by the limp!".

18. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

We (not so) accidentally moved to France!
    [​IMG]

Pete J, Isitari, perplekks45 and 11 others like this.
  19. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I'm sure you're just gutted about that accident!

Enjoy the Frenching!

20. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

Bonne santé, you deserve it!