1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What currently makes your life awesome?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 28 Oct 2009.

1. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

It's Friday so weekend is here! Two of my buddies are home from their universities for the weekend, the weather is perfect for some ice hockey at the outdoor rink at my park, I got my surround system on Wednesday and I am very satisfied with it, and my ipod dock for said system is finally in stock so I'll be picking it up later today.

Life is good :D

2. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

yeah no kidding. I'm sure it is possible to get out of the friendzone. I've seen it happen actually. But I don't think it's common. I think you need to be friends with the person first, but just don't be super close friends. Once you are dating, well then you become each others best friend of course. :)

I hadn't had a best friend in like forever until now. Having a girlfriend is great, but her being my friend and companion is really special. :)

lol I'm getting all mushy here.... oh well

3. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Lol we'll see eh? A challenge it will be. But hey, no need to feel like crap.

4. automagsrock

automagsrock What's a Dremel?

My life is awesome because I am drunk right now :lol:

Good night bit-tech <3

5. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

I fixed the first ever Lava Lamp that I owned last night. It had gotten to the point where it would heat up, melt he wax and flow for about an hour, but after an hour the wax would just sit on the bottom because the coil was slightly coated in something. It's been like that for years but I fixed it by repeatedly letting it get to that "stuck" point, turning it off, gently inverting the bottle, letting it cool a little, placing it back in the base and reheating it. About the 4th time I did that, it flowed perfectly for hours. Have had it on and off several times since and it's working perfectly again :thumb:

They don't make them like they used to any more... I don't really like the colours the newer lamps from Mathmos are available in. My collection of Mathmos "Jet" lamps from the 90's are much nicer.

6. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

Fully working PC, amazingly cool, and totally silent, can't hear it and it's less that 2ft from my head!

7. EvilMerc

EvilMerc Minimodder

Nice evening at the pub with some friends from work, two pints of Bulmers helped a lot too :thumb:

8. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil What's a Dremel?

I won the lottery!

But it was only £10...

:clap:

9. October

October Mariachi Style

The second half of that definitely belongs (unexplained) in "what's ruining your life" :p

10. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Technical yes on an asking out to a dance.

However, the problem was already outlined in the yang of this thread.

11. skipperoo

skipperoo What's a Dremel?

I won £3 on scratch cards the other day.

From £3 pounds of scratch cards. At least I got the excitement free.

Currently my being promoted at work is awesome. The being paid more for the same work is even more awesome. Spending my new money on upgrading my pc is also awesome :D

12. Canon

Canon Reformed

I built my sister and fiance a media PC since she butt****ed her macbook a while back, it was done as a gift and ended up costing me a packet due to alot of the parts needing 'modded' (cut the **** up) to fit.

I think it's a Sony Bravia 52" or something she is running it on, so i'll be upgrading it for her bday in the coming months with a better card, blu ray drive and a handful of blu rays to start of her collection. I love spending money on other people (despite the fact i'll get x2 use out of it :))

13. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

Nah I work at dropping snow from roofs. First week down and now it makes my life awesome to notice I'm easily fit enough for the job, and also capable of waking up just after 5 in the morning. Yet to fall from the roof, as well, which is nice.

14. automagsrock

automagsrock What's a Dremel?

That is how I am with my friend from work. We eat lunch together once a week and talk everyday. Not to mention hanging out outside of work and what not. People always ask us if we are dating, and we simply reply "And what if we are?"

We get funny looks from people all the time :hehe:

15. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

Had some 38 year old whiskey. It was really strong, but the taste wasn't too bad actually. Only had a few sips. Was better to mix it though.

Now I can add that to the list of things I have tried. :)

16. October

October Mariachi Style

:eeek:

Tell me you mean water or ice...

17. Picarro

Picarro What's a Dremel?

[​IMG]

mvagusta likes this.
  18. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

BIG Trip ahead starting Friday:
    Windhoek-Swakopmund on Friday afternoon. ~350km
    Sister's 30th BDay party on Saturday
    Swakopmund-Windhoek on Sunday late morning ~350km
    Windhoek-Cape Town on Tuesday ~1500km
    Rammstein live at Grand West Arena on Wednesday night - Golden Circle
    Cape Town - Windhoek on Thusrday ~1500km

So that's ~3700km in 6 days. Driving myself. FUUUN. And Expensive.
    BUUUUT: Whole week of leave, and RAMMSTEIN GOLDEN CIRCLE!

19. tristanperry

tristanperry Minimodder

Had a good family meetup & meal yesterday. Finished exams last week (still feel awesome about that lol) and starting a bunch of new modules today... starting 5 new modules, and 4 of which look really interesting. 1 looks boring/weird but 4/5 is pretty good overall.

20. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

This :eeek:

What's awesome for me at the moment is that a fantastic group of lads (and ladies actually) from the United Kommandos CSS clan have very kindly invited me to play some mix matches with them over the past few weeks. They are a fantastic bunch of people to play the game with - very talented players, able to take the game seriously when it's necessary and also have a giggle or two as well. Above all, they are extremely friendly and interesting to chat with. They are basically a dream clan for someone in my position, wanting to get back into the competitive side of the game. One of their deputies asked me to join last night but I had to say no because I just don't have the time to train for and play league matches on a regular basis this year/season.

We had a few matches last night - one team was a vent mix who we played and tied against on de_season early in the night. We played them again later on inferno and I five-manned them with nothing but a USP pistol and a HE grenade on site A :D Sweet sweet revenge! I have my own client demo of the match but I'm gonna get the STV demo of it from their server later today and make a proper mini clip from it :) That's the first 5-man I have scored since the large CSS update last year :hehe: