1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What currently makes your life awesome?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 28 Oct 2009.

1. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Realizing i forgot to put the buy it now on my ebay item.... its sold past the buy it now by 3 quid with an hour two go i always hate the last 10 minutes (when im the buyer)

2. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

my home made hot pepper sauce... striking fear into the hearts and mouths of all who dare approach it --

Female Parent -

*tries some*
    Oh... That's not that ho... ****!!!!
    *starts coughing*

It has now earned the nickname 'Yellow Jar of Doom' in my house...

3. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil What's a Dremel?

Dropped a stack of 20+ oblong plates from waist height; only 3 broke...

[​IMG]

4. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

Dirt ass cheap EVGA Superclocked with double lifetime warranty, backplate and high flow bracket. Just in time for GW2 beta AND well under budget.

5. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

Just got back from the beach with a few mates to say goodbye to one who's leaving tomorrow.

We just watched the stars for about 2 hours. Made every single problem, worry and issue I had fade away. I got to see my first shooting star as well.

I feel chilled out, relaxed and now for the first time in months, happy about my future.

6. Joey Propane

Joey Propane What's a Dremel?

Found out the company me and my best mate work for may be expanding and opening up a factory in America (Colorado) and if it does we'll be getting sent out there for 6 months to train the new staff.

6 months, in America, with my best mate, while on a UK pound sterling wage? OH HELLS YES.

7. DeadP1xels

You absolute animal! :D i drop plates all the time and for some reason they never smash...

i slipped on oil right next to a huge fryer once my last words being "SAVE THE PLATES!" as a hit the ground saved them all aswell.. im not sure why that was relevant.//

im like the only person at my work that can drop plates without them breaking i think i may be jesus...

Just finished 18 page 4000 words report on Operational Amplifiers there linear configurations and worked examples aswell as comparators and the stage comparisons to op-amps and applications of comparators

Now i have to go through spell, grammer and punctuate check it all.... :duh:

8. Kylevdm

Kylevdm The Mod Zoo Podcast Host

I have something very similar to do next year... and 20% of the total is grammatical/ for "good english"

Oh, my RasberryPi is on its way in 2 weeks... although it gets sent to Glasgow while I am in Brussels

9. DeadP1xels

I have no mention of that within the grading criteria. however, it goes without saying especially with my piss poor excuse for proof reading.

My lecturer is hitler though he will pick it up and tear it to shreds till you feel so depressed you could just shoot yourself on the spot, its like a really poorly made crap sandwich

Instead of something good crap and finish on something good again,

its crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap *sips coffee* crap crap crap "But don't worry about it because its not that bad" at which point im like :waah: or :wallbash:

10. Kylevdm

My one lecturer marks them all out deducts the marks and makes fun of you but then may give you the marks back for doing other stuff. Here is hoping I get him marking it! Although it then goes to external examiners who can deduct the marks again... blah!

11. DeadP1xels

Same for me luckily i done well on a previous assignment and another guy got the stick.

Literally for two hours he would say stuff like "Alright lads where do you put a fullstop? because theres none in this one (NAME)!"

"God the spelling on this is bad"

"Can't understand any of these sentences read them out to me"

You almost feel bad for him :D

He always gets so worked up when we try to make something clearer, he trys to make things more complicated than they need to be

12. Scirocco

Scirocco Boobs, I have them, you lose.

Have you ever been here to Colorado? If not, I'll bet you will love it. The Denver metro area is large enough to have a decent nightlife, there's tons of professional sports to watch (football, baseball, basketball, soccer and hockey.) If you like to participate in sports, we have everything from skiing to sailing. ...And no, I don't work for the Colorado tourism board. ;P

13. oasked

oasked Stuck in (better) mud

Awesome. Its been a few years since I really looked up at the sky and did that - it kind of puts things into perspective. :)

14. DeadP1xels

My exam went suprisingly well...

I did'nt stop writing for 2 hours and when i finished i had answered 80% of the questions

then just had a crack at the ones i did'nt know

Assignment was given in which means i have a week off with two computing exams an assignment we're doing in class for it and another easy assignment being done within class

feeling alot better

15. Kylevdm

I have just got myself an internship... final interview/ training starts on Wednesday! :)

Also DeadP1xels what course you studying?

16. DeadP1xels

Is a mish mash of electronics and computing modules really i never use the proper name for it because everybody always says the same thing "oh right..... whats that?" but its essentially electrical engineering and software design

The actual course name is Digital technology and i will end the 3rd year (if i make it that far :D) with a degree in electronics and communications

17. TheStockBroker

TheStockBroker Modder

Sorry I have to ask, who refers to their mum as their female parent? It seems very odd!

18. Dave Lister

Dave Lister Minimodder

Just replaced 6 capacitors in my monitor to try and bring it back from the dead, it worked ! That is the most awesome thing that's happened to me for years.

19. noizdaemon666

noizdaemon666 I'm Od, Therefore I Pwn

You've clearly never been part of the BORG :p To be accurate, the full name would be Female Parent [designated number], of [town/city/cube], [priority of (primary, secondary etc)] adjunct [number: refers to physical location and may change if reassigned post].

20. Kylevdm

Ok, well I am doing what is officially Electronic and Software Engineering... sounds creepily similar!