1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What currently makes your life awesome?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Scroome

Scroome Modder

Oh thank God, that's very good to hear.

I was recently diagnosed with ulcerative Crohns disease, so I'm fully aware of the risks involved. I really am so, so please for you.

2. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

FINALLY got the probate forms to take possesion of my late mum's house. (She passed on 6 months ago!)

3. G0UDG

G0UDG helping others costs nothing

Thanks Scroome,sorry to hear of your problem not an easy thing to cope with hope you are ok take care matey

4. fuus

fuus Misses Rep Bombs

1337 post. Happy times!

Brooxy likes this.
  5. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

22, and beginning to look at getting a small mortgage. Be on the property ladder by the time I'm 23. So hopefully 2013 will be a good year!

6. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

EDIT: Got invited to hang out with this girl and her friends, couldn't get out there too expensive too far to walk and my friends would have been pissed if i dropped them last minute for her, she seemed dissapointed i was gutted aswell because this was the perfect oppurtunity to meet up out of work for a bit of a laugh.

She texted me today saying she had changed plans with her friends just so we can be in the same place ;) not asking her to do it myself!

Im not usually the guy to put an "x" at the end of a text, neither was she but she started doing it about a week ago. Generally would come and go i was curious if she was doing it to provoke a reaction so for shits and giggles i started doing it to see what the reaction was, now she is doing it all the time but more.. and more, seems to have gotten a little more flirty aswell :)

Im not saying anything may happen this still could just be friendship, but its still kinda nice.

Last edited: 1 Feb 2013
  7. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

Congrats Mars! I think The Mrs's and I were 23 and 25 respectively when we bought our first place with practically zero deposit and a Northern Rock 110% mortgage! :D Ahhh, the good old days! :lol:

8. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

Thanks man, some of the places I've been looking at (1 bed flats) and with the deposit I'll have available means I'll only need to borrow around 20% of the price of the property.

9. Modsbywoz

Modsbywoz Multimodder

Nice one Mars, getting onto the property ladder can be hard but it will put you in a much better position later on.

My mortgage on my house is half of what I would have to pay for Rent on it.

Go figure.

10. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

If things had worked out the way I had planned a year ago I would have been living in my own house too. Paying less than rent on a mortgage and council tax.

But alas things weren't to be.

11. Scroome

Scroome Modder

Dude, you've been on a role this week.

Stay positive :)

12. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

I've just done one of those comparison things on mortgages.. a 2 bed apartments repayments are £50 cheaper that a studio flats rent.

Definitely go figure.

13. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Finally got some time alone to record some footage.

Black Ops 2 Free For All.

Two rounds at about twenty minutes. Me voicing over the footage. Quite enjoyed the mindlessness of it all.

Oh and killing the same players camping is always fun.

Made some decisions regarding my HTPC build based on Adrocks chosen build. Finding an ITX Mobo with HDMI out and a case I truly like the look of.

Also Getting slightly more sleep and not feeling ill and bloated is always a good start to the day.

Yesterday I spent the day feeling tired and a little depressed.

Last edited: 1 Feb 2013
  14. suragh

suragh Derp

BETT Show was fantastic.. There was too much to look at in one day. I have tonnes of brochures to read through and discuss with my colleagues when I get back to work.

There is one solution that caught my eye today and It was called Extron Electronics which is a leading manufacturer in the AV industry for interface, switching and control systems. Hopefully I can persuade my boss to trial it.

15. teacherboy

teacherboy Part Carbon/Nylon/Bovine

[​IMG]

On the hill setting :rock:

16. fuus

fuus Misses Rep Bombs

Just completed the bi-annual computer clean... Good to get it out of the way :lol:

17. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

Is it that hard? :lol:

18. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Thanks mate.

I kind of invited myself along to going out with some friends tonight. They are awesome and haven't seen them in ages, so I will be unplugging from the computer tonight and getting somewhat drunk.

Work tomorrow night then off for the week and back in Saturday.

19. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

Going to take a course on web application programming at the local uni go me!

20. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Gratz I have an IT Diploma to finish, I need to sit down and actually do the damn work xD