1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What currently makes your life awesome?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 28 Oct 2009.

1. suragh

suragh Derp

Is your diploma a BTEC by any chance?

2. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

It is a Distance Learning Course via Stonebridge. Works out as an A Level in IT once finished.

3. suragh

suragh Derp

Awesome dude, I did something similar to you. I really enjoyed it and its a brilliant qualification. :D

4. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

I have been lazy and not really done much on it of late, handed in three assignments so far, the first was interesting and got some help from Bit Tech by asking the main question in a thread.

It's rather easy at the moment and no doubt will get tougher. My Sixth Form A levels I never completed, as IT was so boring. I don't think my school really had a grasp on it.

Choosing to do the easy A Level to teach rather than something more complex.

5. suragh

suragh Derp

The hardware/Basic Programming and web design assignments I found interesting the most. :)

What ones have you been assigned so far?

6. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

I will need to dig out the assignments, but currently up to data flow so nothing overly interesting at the moment. I am looking forward to the programming/design aspects.

7. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Going to watch some live music with a couple friends tonight

8. Andersen

Andersen I'm fine. I'M FINE! *banshee howl*

I've been using this new connection since november.

Surfing etc are just pure bliss now. Not forgetting uploads, simple act of uploading couple photos totalling few megabytes needed patience. Now it takes few seconds and bam.

Looks like 100/50Mbps pipe is now my minimum.

9. Tangster

Tangster Butt-kicking for goodness!

Where are you? I want that connection.

10. Andersen

Andersen I'm fine. I'M FINE! *banshee howl*

Tampere, Finland.

Local telco offers ridiculously cheap pipes for housing co-ops. Long haul is fiber, last mile is traditional copper but hey its FTTB so only about 30 metres of good copper according to sync speeds. Best of this all is the fact that the lines are not shared like cable internet. 10/10, 20/10, 30/10, 60/30 and 100/50 are all dedicated per apartment so there is a rather beefy backbone. And its really only 16 euros per month.

Funny business: competing ISPs started an aggressive telemarketing campaign after local telco lit up. I'm getting calls weekly offering 10/10 pipe for 24-30 euros per month. And its one 1GB fiber per building... I'm not even bothered by that, I get a laugh off frustrated telemonkeys.

11. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Had a pretty good night, out being social for once Didn't make a prat of myself. Saw plenty of old friends and made some new ones.

Ready to see them again soon.

Didn't drink too much and stayed within my self envoked budget.

12. DeadP1xels

Relatively good night for me... i basically was jumping between if she was coming or not only probably realizing maybe 10 minutes after leaving my house she was coming!

Honestly if anything the night made it all a little worse for me, she was texting me to go down to a different place felt a little bad for my friend but he totally understood and encouraged me to go, met her and i couldn't get in! too full ughh but instead of going in with her friends she wanted to hang out with me! result!

Went outside spoke a lot it was actually really nice, i thought it would be super uncomfortable trying to make conversation or even small talk but it was really easy (social smoking) *slaps wrist*

Went back to my friends with her so she could see the area a little better then back to her friends which turned out to be only a couple girls and some random people she seems to meet, dancing with her and it all went amazingly!

Was going to go to one of her friends partys.... and it got cancelled... Aghh! she basically went home then because her friend was the designated driver and i continued to drink after such a good night i was gutted!!

So much crap has come out of it thought *moves over to ruining* :D

13. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

After social awkwardness. My night turned into a really fun time.

Bumped into some old friends, geeked about hardware and games. Drank etc

Hung out with a girl I am friends with. Basically just the two of us for several hours in and amongst our mutual friends.

Nothing going to happen but was good to see her none the less.

14. suragh

suragh Derp

Taking a Meraki Webinar - Introduction to Cloud Networking on Wednesday morning. I potentially might receive server/software licenses and a Wireless AP which are really sleek looking worth £600 for my school!

I cannot wait!

The software management system is totally free and allows you to manage yours and everyone elses Ipad's remotely... until Cisco mess up things which I bet they will start charging for it.

http://www.meraki.com/webinars

EDIT: They are sending the AP with cloud management licensing tomoz!

Last edited: 4 Feb 2013
  15. DeadP1xels

Seems i have developed a fashion sense...

Went out Saturday night and got complimented by said girl and her friends, felt good didn't bring it up either.

Found a leather bomber jacket i used to wear, stopped wearing it because it wasn't very warm at all and just had a hood attachment not a fabric interior.
    Removed the hood attachment and paired it with a warm famous stars and straps hoodie and it looks great!

16. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

After a bit of a freak-out last week over my lack of a job, and money, and car; I've managed to pull things together a bit. Toddled down the Job Centre, got some advice, got onto JSA, so I'll have some income, and got given a few tips on where else to look, lo and behold; there's an IT Technical Assistant role going, only 10-15 applicants, basic wage. I applied the shiz out of that thing.

Now I wait, but it's one hell of an improvement over sitting on my ass being too pessimistic to try.

Also got told an absolutely terrible joke. I refuse to repeat it because of how awful it was.

17. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

Interesting stuff!

18. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

I got my fountain pen back, oh my science it is smooth!

19. DeadP1xels

Spent the afternoon ebaying a bunch of gear i no longer want/need

Hopefully it sells within the next week or so and i can go to watch these bands in a few weeks :)

20. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

my tablet has finally arrived back in the uk, can finally get it RMA'd and sleep easily knowing its done and dusted