1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What currently makes your life awesome?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Lance

Lance Ender of discussions.

Kitchens Cheesecake.

What did you put in? Pics?

My awesomes.

1) The best man came to stay over the weekend (awesome in itself) and while getting some bedding out for the spare bed I found my favorite shirt that had gone missing.

2) Car broke down (not so awesome) and I managed to pull into a carpark to wait for the AA. Found a pile of bikes in the bin (might have been at the back of a bike store) and I managed to salvage some parts for my MTB rebuild.

3) Made burgers over the weekend, and they were mega tasty. I do love a good burger. Peppered mayo, (homemade) beef patty,plastic cheese, bacon, egg, beetroot, fried pineapple ring, (homegrown) tomato, lettuce and these really nice warburton buns.

[​IMG]

Last edited: 14 Oct 2013
  2. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

Corrections for my PhD have been accepted. Just need to tidy the manuscript and get it formally submitted.

6 years.... it's finally over.

Yariko and wolfticket like this.
  3. BRAWL

BRAWL Dead and buried.

Put the application in on the house today... ohhh it's exciting.

4. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

About a week after ordering my key caps have arrived from america. Havent opened the box yet.

Attempting to get an hour or so sleep.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

5. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

I just hit 1000km in my 86.
    As I thought "Hey 1000km", I see the A45 AMG coming from the front, and the driver gives me a friendly flash-n-wave (headlight flash). Big grin.

To clarify: My Toyota dealership literally encouraged me to bottle the crap out of that car. I made a personal promise to leave my fingers off the sports mode and Traction control buttons until I hit 1000km. The weekend can come now.

6. Golden-1

Golden-1 Minimodder

pork loin and belly from butchers £20
    Pro Q Cold smoke generator £20
    Old Bedding Box £0
    a few lbs of "whiskey Oak Dust" £5

Home made, home smoked, home cooked bacon £ priceless...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    really though.. home made bacon.
    Home Made Bacon.

:rock::rock::rock:

7. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Ooo, nice. Been meaning to set one of those up at home for a while. I have an old wooden hi-fi cabinet that would work wonders as a smoke box, jut need to hook up a smoker to it and away we go.

Unfortunately I can't see your pics whilst I am at work but I'll take a nosey later.

/*edit*/ where did you go for the Pro Q? I can only find them for about £35.

Last edited: 15 Oct 2013
  8. Golden-1

Golden-1 Minimodder

i picked up the proQ at a local food show.. they were doing the whole "buy this, get this, this, this and this for free".. so yes, it cost £35.. but came with 2kg of wood chips and a bunch of other things... (and a lot of meat too)

but having now had it running for 30 straight hours, i can safely say that there's actually such a thing as too much bacon.

6lb of loin, 4lb of belly, and a 8ish lb turkey breast, are now smoked to perfection, and hangin in my kitchen.

as long as that cabinet is air tight. and i mean AIR TIGHT, it should be fine. if not, you;ll find that the smoke comes out of everywhere, and goes no where near the food.

9. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Hmmm.... tasty!

Epic congratulations man. Well done. :thumb:

BTW: had my first shower with our new 17ltr/minute combi boiler. Steaming hot torrent of water from a huge overhead shower rose, followed by a big fluffy towelling bath sheet warm from the towel radiator. Bliss.

10. josephlck

josephlck What's a Dremel?

The LG G2 and emulation on it!!!! It's surprisingly usable with one hand.

My nexus 4 experienced a terminal collision with the ground and I couldn't wait for the Nexus 5 :p

11. C-Sniper

C-Sniper Stop Trolling this space Ądmins!

Just covered Pendulum (i'm a night club photographer) and got a custom autographed mix tape and autographed Staff Band.

Truly awesome!

12. julianmartin

julianmartin resident cyborg.

Pretty sure you're supposed to dry cure and rub the bacon before smoking it dude....

13. adrock

adrock Caninus Nervous Rex

All these awesome things people get up to that i can't do in a 2nd floor flat :( i live for bacon.

making my life awesome is payday tomorrow, and next week off work, did a spot of vinyl shopping yesterday. But best of all, the beta for football manager is out :D i'll see you chaps in the spring.

edit: also, Mezzanine re-issue on November 11th :)

Last edited: 17 Oct 2013
  14. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Ah ok, that's cool. I might still have to pick one up.

The cabinet I have is not that air tight but can certainly be made that way with not too much effort. A few cake cooling racks inside and job done, 1 handy smoker.

Enjoy your meaty noms

15. adrock

adrock Caninus Nervous Rex

FTFY

16. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

They've finally started me on a real painkiller campaign. We'll see how it goes.

17. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

YUM!!!!! Where's mine? :D

Well, now I have the highest graded Solicitor to fight back at my ex, who has taken me to court to force the sale of our house, when I have already agreed to sale. They even attached my email stating this to her statement of truth, which states I'm refusing to sale.... Lol Some statement of truth...

Now got a new girlfriend who is awesome in every way. She is so much like me it's like she's my twin... very weird... :D

The gym is turning me into Arnold Schwarzenegger lol...

[​IMG]

18. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

Everything looks to be going well Simon! :D

Best of luck on the campaign too Kayin. Hope it goes well for you!

19. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Nice one Simon, I am hope she looks nothing like you. Kind of scary muscle woman....eep

Had such a fun evening, met my author friend Danie Ware got the booked signed. Met her publishers and the proofer I showed up by tweeting the spelling mistakes.

Oh and Rick Rolled a streamer I sub too :D

20. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Spinrite and 24 hour disk checks.