1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What currently makes your life awesome?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 28 Oct 2009.

1. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

[​IMG]

Only one in existence, and it's a true beast. Found my new go-to bow.

2. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

I graduated back in May 2013, I started looking for work in October 2014. Haven't had much luck, but today, I got a bite! Got a call for a "recent graduate business analyst" position with Scotiabank. Had a 10 minute phone interview, and the woman asking the questions seemed to like my answers, and said they'll get back to me in a few days. It was only a phone interview, but gotta be optimistic. On top of this, the lady said the first 6 months is literally just all sorts of training to really get an understanding of the business. I would love to have the opportunity to gain some experience, plus actually having a job so I could have a bit more freedom to go out with friends.

3. mrMonkeyChunks

mrMonkeyChunks EVGA Cheesecake

Hand-ground Aeropress coffee - lovely.

4. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

Everybody looks badass wielding a bow- Everybody.

5. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

I'm fitting back into 32" waist stuff with zero effort, even when I bought them they were a squeeze, now there loser than ever :)

I've officially lost 1 stone since working out, I get paid tomorrow so I can some weight options and start building muscle more effectively. especially now I've found some good foods and recipes for protein filled diets, its going to reach a point where cardio is no longer needed so intensive

If only I could find a new job I would be absolutely golden, Save some money and finally start thinking about getting a place of my own.

I've also been speaking to this unbelievably attractive girl recently, we met when she was down here visiting so my biggest issue is she lives in Scotland :/

6. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Time to take up jogging? :thumb:

7. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

My wife lived in The Netherlands until 19 days before we were married. Scotland's nothing, you'll be fine.

8. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

After having a near meltdown at work a few months ago, gradually building my self confidence in my abilities back up, got offered an interview at a dream job next friday. Things are going well.

Will have to move in with the missus though however I'm really optimistic for the first time in a while.

9. koola

koola Minimodder

Going to Paradise Island Waterpark today!

10. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

Got a job interview on Monday, IT Tech Support, small company that needs staff, and I got in before they started advertising, as one of my friends from college works there also, so it should all be good.

I just need not to flub the interview, like I did in the last one.

11. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

Good luck! I'd say take a look at the posting / requirements, and just plan ahead in regards to that. If they want specific things, think of any personal experiences you have that relate to it.

Another thing, the few interviews I've had, they always ask "why do you want to work here" and "name your top 3 skills". In general, I try to just use a combination of working in a professional environment, gaining experience, and applying things I've learned to real situations to help create value for a company. As for top 3 skills, a lot of companies want flexibility and independence from employees, so maybe mention something about the ability to multi-task many different projects at once with minimal guidance, as well as being persistent when things aren't going your way.

Mentioned things like that on my phone interview the other day, and the woman seemed to like my answers. Hopefully they'll get back to me next week.

12. DeadP1xels

I have no problem with it, I think she is seeing someone in Scotland which makes it awkward

Its hard to arrange to meet someone in Scotland you've only met once.

Other than that, my new glasses are going down a treat a lot of compliments on them from friends and even random strangers!

Last edited: 15 Jul 2014
  13. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

Just come back from an experience day at Silverstone: 5 laps training in a GT86 followed by 4 laps in a 430.

Was completely awful in the GT86 (and I'm not sure I think it makes a good track car) but somehow everything came together in the Ferrari and I didn't do too badly.

14. Votick

Votick My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.

Had a great mini training session on how our backup systems at work run.
    I didn't realise how many tapes are in the robotic tape libary :)

So an epic geeky day today :)

15. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

Arms Control Wonk ran two articles I wrote today!

I thought they had completely forgotten about me, but I got an email from their Wonktern today asking if I wanted to add any links or images and boom, now they're up!

It's cool getting your stuff published, but ACW is THE informal meeting place for the big names in the field and here I am just a random guy with no degree in anything writing stuff that will be read and commented on by the experts.

16. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

Thanks for reminding me I wasn't subbed for email updates.

Just read both and particularly enjoyed "Just because no one does it..."

Good stuff sir :thumb:

17. DeadP1xels

Fallen upon some good job ads, not fully aware of there position but I'll still apply

18. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

Epic Thunderstorm last night was epic. An awesome light show for sure... Then we had a 2nd storm 3 hours later.

Sam

19. DLDeadbolt

DLDeadbolt Space Cadet

I'm a heavy sleeper (slept through 2 gun battles within a few meters of my house, and only woke up to one in my backyard because I'd just laid down after going to the toilet) and that damn thunderstorm woke me up with a start last night. It was freaking LOUD

20. mrMonkeyChunks

mrMonkeyChunks EVGA Cheesecake

Where do you live that has frequent gun battles in residential areas?