1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What currently makes your life awesome?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 28 Oct 2009.

1. teacherboy

teacherboy Part Carbon/Nylon/Bovine

Exchanged contracts on our house sale, renting it back from the buyer pending completion on construction of the new build :rock:

2. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Off to give blood later. Sounds a bit odd to say but I really enjoy doing it, doesn't take long, helps folks and I get an incredible night's sleep afterwards.

This will be donation number 46. If anyone can donate but doesn't then please think about getting along to a local session, only takes about an hour all in and the worst bit by far is the little tiny finger ***** that they do to check your iron levels.

FFS, seriously, p r i c k is edited out?? Perfectly legitimate use of the word.

3. jrduquemin

jrduquemin Minimodder

Good man, I also donate blood quite regularly but am only on number 30 I think :thumb:

It's surprising how many people are eligible but don't, through fear of needles or what, I have no idea.

4. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

I've been donating for years but had to take a break due to an operation, almost had to have a blood transfusion but didn't so was able to start again, having to time it between tattoo sessions now though.

Girlfriend found out she's a rare blood type so is going to come with me one day.

Such a simple and easy thing to do, I use it as time to get away from life and chill, you get a free drink and biscuit after (more if you're cheeky like me)

5. Almightyrastus

My thoughts exactly, sure it isn't as easy in a lot of places as we have it here in Nottingham as we have a very good permanent blood centre in the middle of the city but there are still sessions popping up all over the place.

As for the needle thing, I can understand that, but I've never really noticed it much aside from one or maybe two times. As they say "sharp scratch"...

6. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

About 10 years ago prick was the go-to insult on geek forums. I'd like to think things have moved along a bit now.

Cheesecake. <=== That's also still a thing...

7. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

It's something I've been meaning to do. If nothing else, I owe them a pint of blood back.

8. dancingbear84

dancingbear84 error 404

I've been doing this on and off for a while, last time they couldn't find a vein which was annoying, but it is still good to try. I think it is something that everyone should do. I try to get other people to donate, but nobody seems too keen which is a shame.

9. Almightyrastus

if you've received blood, you can't donate unfortunately :(

10. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

I still laugh when some forums prevent you from posting the word Scunthorpe :lol:

11. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

After five years on-again-off-again faffing, it's starting to come together;

[​IMG]

Fretboard to sort (Purple heart, fretless is the plan, otherwise will be a 34" scale if that doesn't work properly), decision on strings to make (Do I lose the 110 gauge, go 90/75/55/52/42/30, or even skip the 52 too and go 42/30/17..), backplate to make (To hold in all the electronics.. EMG stuff mostly, and 4 9v batteries..), truss rod to install, headstock to shape, and some machine heads to install. Debating whether to go 6 bass machines, or split bass/standard to suit the strings. May even try all guitar first and see how that goes. Decisions!

12. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Came back to an awesome text, she's asked for her old job back and she's staying in the UK to see where we go.

I'm pretty smug... atleast i can take things slowly now

13. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

That doesn't instill much faith in the quality of their blood. Ah well, at least I can cross it off the list of things I should probably do.

14. Almightyrastus

It's all to do with BSE and CJD. My wife's in the same situation, she'd love to 'give back' but she had to have blood when one of her surgeries didn't go exactly as planned.

15. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

[​IMG]

It's back. It's FINALLY back! After nearly two weeks, MY BROADBAND IS BACK!

EDIT: Shame I didn't learn this BEFORE I went and bought an EE 4G WiFi hotspot on my way home from work...

16. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

I know that feeling.

[​IMG]

17. TheBlackSwordsMan

TheBlackSwordsMan Over the Hills and Far Away

I just sold my old 350D ! + I sold it to a very cute girl :D

18. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

IIRC you can't donate blood in the US and a few other countries if you're British, for the same reasons...

19. MrJay

MrJay You are always where you want to be

The last time I went (shamefully a few years ago now) I let a trainee nurse have her 'practice stab' she managed to find it first time and was over the moon. The senior nurse came over and told her off as she hadn't finished her training, then saw shed done an awesome job and signed her off.

Nice! You wipe all the dick picks from the SD card? :worried:

20. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

A working GPU, kindly donated by a fellow bit-techy... no more intel [igp] hell...