1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What currently makes your life awesome?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

Today marks the momentous day when I've finally confidently memorised my credit card details once again after changing in April. So liberating.

2. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

I love that feeling, but it usually means I've been spending too much... :worried:

3. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

Stability has returned to the Headshot-o-maticulator(tm) after replacing its twitchy old bake-off 580 with a solid 780.

Mmmmmmm. Sta-bil-i-ty.

Mind you, I haven't started playin wiv da new sliders yet. :)

4. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

I reckon he's lying and he's well into cock and ball torture ;)

What's making my life awesome? Relaxing in the BA Galleries lounge at Vancouver airport after an ace fortnight in an RV in the Rockies etc. De-stress complete.

5. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

6. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Think i'm kicking up the gears with this whole business idea... Instead of letting the ideas float around in my head i went and got a blank notebook and a pen.

Its not about making money or those realms I'm earning great money and i'm very comfortable as i am. i've always wanted to do this, if i got it off the ground and sold small i'd still be happy. I want it to be a one man operation besides the graphic design side of life. I'll need someone for that

I just need to motivate myself to start!

7. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Makita circular saw!

Zoom zoom zoom, big pile of wood.

8. DeadP1xels

Meeting up with someone... a female who asked for my number in my drunken grief...

DON'T WORRY! I've made it perfectly clear i don't want anything in that way - by the sounds of it she's certainly not ready either. Strictly a mates thing its only one drink and i told myself never to turn down meeting new people.

Also more importantly, my name is down for a housing development for a new two bedroom house ready next June... I should have my deposit together by then. So i could be rocking around in a nice car and own my own house having just turned 25... all i need now is the body, rugged good looks and personality and i have the full package!

9. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

Oh, hey, you're about 50 miles (and an international border) away from me.

10. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Beef madras pasty from the cob van that stops at work....

Omnomnomnom

11. DeadP1xels

Very tidy pay rise that's put me in a great mood.

I didn't expect to be in this position until i was at least 30+ :rock:

Stay in school kids.

12. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

I was, and probably even closer to the US border when I was on Lake Osoyoos! What a place!

13. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

Following from my What's ruining my life post

My solicitors believe we can proceed to decree nisi without her input as she's not responding correctly, paying court fees or using a solicitor herself!

14. DeadP1xels

Todays been somewhat productive... Everyday i'm feeling better. I'm just happy being alone for a bit, I'm finally finding my feet knowing myself and feeling more and more confident being that person.

8 weeks until i get the line work done to my left sleeve, 6 weeks until i'm hopefully moving home and i can join a gym full time... my appetite has come back just in time for serious gain.

I can't complain.

15. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

We'll see about that lad ;)

theshadow2001 likes this.
  16. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

New board came in days ahead of schedule, and I appear to have received a brand new one, not a used one.

17. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

These; specifically, the amplifier and the speakers.

[​IMG]

It's been so long since I had a set of speakers and I don't think I've ever owned any "proper" hi-fi gear at all. The sound quality is so much better than what I'm used to, I'm hearing so much more depth & detail than I did before. I'm not even using any really "high end" DACs or anything, just a Raspberry Pi with an I2S DAC based on the TI PCM5102A chip.

18. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

I had a pair of Mission 702e's for years. I like them, great squeakers for the cash.

Is that an Arcam Alpha 8/8r? I use one (bi-amped with an 8p) and love it. I bought it new in ~1997/8. :D

The Alpha's sound improves after being left switched on for a few hours, in case you didn't know. It's something they're known for. They can sound a bit muddy when "cold" but after a few hours they really sing.

Enjoy rediscovering your music collection. :)

19. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

I have a pair of 702es in storage, they've been there for about twelve years. Brilliant speakers for the money when I bought them back in 99. Should probably sell or donate them as I'm highly unlikely to use them (or any of my other hifi gear) any time soon. Still in their original boxes, too.

20. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder

Decided to pack in drinking, started with half a bottle then a bottle of barefoot (red) a night year ago? Now its up to most or full 700ml jack Daniels most nights. noticing memory and obvious next day energy issues (passing out some times).

Main awesome is going vegetarian again two weeks back, did it before for two years but towards the end had energy issues. Will try to be a better more well rested, meat free and alcohole free person,

Have a lot I want to read and certs I want to pass so have focus, I am more into information than I am drinking so its an easy choice which to drop.