1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What currently makes your life awesome?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Winning August mod of the month without even realising I had even been nominated.

Thrilled is putting it mildly.

2. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

Congratulations fella. :thumb:

3. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

4. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

According to Twitter, one of my local pubs has Thornbridge Jaipur on draft at the moment.

Jaipur! On draft! :rock:

5. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

6. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

Unfortunately not yet but I will be passing there later so might accidentally tip-e-toe a quick one in. :hip:

7. theshadow2001

I think Friday afternoon is probably the best time to learn about the new beer though. You can pass there later on and again on saturday and again on sunday :D

Last edited: 30 Sep 2016
  8. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Start training for a new job on Monday, it's a job I have done before so I know most of it but just need to be brought up to speed since it's over 10 years since I last did it.

9. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Went to the dealership yesterday to pick up my new (leased) car, and they did this:-
    (Apologies for potato quality phone video)

10. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

The 30th was nice to me, the person i work for was like hey heres £400 to go towards your car because you need one (i don't moan or cry either i'm not the type of person to give out hints when somethings up) then she said stop working and go and find a car lol, so i went home using my phone to look at cars... went and viewed one with all the money on the table after questioning the guy about a car having 41000 miles and 4 owners decided it wasn't for me, then when i got back my partner was like hey let's go view this please... a Renault Megane 2005... i wasn't to fond of the look or shape but on arrival... 51k Miles, parking sensors, electric double sun roof, keyless start and entry, alarmed, auto lights in the light/dark, supreme condition and the guy was talking to me for about 2 hours going though all the features obviously very proud of it. Then he goes and knocks £200 off the asking price just because he could.... Now i just feel like i got allot of car for basically nothing.

[​IMG]

Was looking for insurance this morning which was coming out at like 150 a month, plus a £300 deposit however when transferring the cash to setup a new policy, noticed my hondas insurance had come out, my insurance got declined anyway and they wanted double that... phoned my current insurance provider up got a massive discount, payment came out today anyway, so i've got like £200 left over to play with!

3 things go bad, 4 things work in a sequence of events that come out completely positive!

Last edited: 1 Oct 2016
  11. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

I don't think the job of a chimney sweep has changed much in the last 10 years so you'll be fine. :D

12. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder

13. theshadow2001

My new laptop arrived and all of the main elements a part from suspend appear to work fine once all system updates are applied. So it should be a viable linux laptop for me.

14. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

Lego just won more of my money:
    Caterham Seven 620R

I shall be placing an order once payday arrives in 25 days time :thumb:

Sam

15. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Following on from my last post:-

Went to the DVLA website to see if I needed a stamp to send in the yellow section of my previous car's logbook.

Discovered that I could file the change of ownership online now (Both buying AND selling!)

16. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

After some hard work, a small amount of bleeding, and a rather alarming amount of Swearing; Got the rear brake pads and Disks changed on the car, even though Dad and I wound up literally backing one of the pistons right out of the assembly to get the thing to seat back onto the thread. (Then Draining, Filling & Bleeding the system afterwards. Oh what fun.)

(Remind me again why rear Caliper Pistons need to rotate instead of just moving back and forth like the front?)

End result is; The worn and chipped pads, and the scored discs, are gone! Brakes don't bite as hard at the second, but everything needs time to bed in, despite having done a fair few hard stops just to make sure the pedal was working properly.

17. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

Having the rear pads acting as the handbrake is a pain but it's a magnitude better than having a tiny set of drums attached for the same purpose; it's an annual task to strip mine and **** about with them just to get the 16% efficiency required to pass an MOT.

18. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

My Autistic daughter suddenly has a Pokemon Fascination. Not a problem for me as I grew up with and like pokemon, but I struggled to find a decent encoding of the original seasons. I managed to find one in the end so thank Horus. Only 480p, but I expect that for a nearly 20 year old show.

19. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

Going sober for October.

There, I said it out loud. No excuses now. :worried:

:D

20. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

Finding my Zen again during this morning's shave.

1930's Gillette New razor.
    Treet platinum blade.
    Semogue 620 brush.
    P&B Sanskrit shaving soap.

Ommmmmm. :hip: