1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What currently makes your life awesome?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Zoon

Zoon Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

Yeah, I best not get used to it, eh? :lol::lol:

2. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Last night I was digging around on some old DVD backups I made of my music collection about eight years ago. I found JaKaZiD's Aural Adrenaline vol 1&2. Jakazid (I'm not typing it like that again cba lol) made the Barry Scott hardcore remix thing (Cillit baaaaang). Any way, I knew on one of the vols there was a brilliant song made from the base song on Columns on the Megadrive (Tetris clone but much better). I found it :D

3. Behemoth

Behemoth Timelord in training

I say long may it continue :)

4. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

First crack at home made Char Siu... Had to follow a somewhat westernised recipe as i couldn't get my hands on the fermented funk the more traditional recipes call for [well i can, but didn't get the chance], but the end result was still pretty damned tasty.

5. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

learning PBR, this stuff is the tits. shame substance's layer management isn't as intuitive as PS's

[​IMG]

6. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

That AK is too clean. Needs grime and grease, stat!

7. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

My parents are still in one piece after Irma. Damage to the roof and lanai, but windows held and towels stuffed around them prevented getting any water in the house, so can't really complain.

IanW, Wakka and Gunsmith like this.
  8. Vault-Tec

General troubleshooting.

I installed Windows XP onto my old skool hardware earlier. Any way, got into Windows and installed the GPU driver and it immediately dropped to 4 bit colour 640x480. Uninstalled the driver, screen went back to being somewhat normal. In the end I found out it was the "Hide options that this monitor can not display" or something. As soon as I disabled that it set to the correct res and colour depth. Woohoo !

9. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

Starting my gym membership up again tonight - first session back for best part of a year and half tomorrow morning.

I got quite strong (and very fit) a few years back, but it's been a downward spiral over the last year and i'm feeling awful for it - no cardio ability at all, chronic hamstring and lower back stiffness that makes getting socks on in the morning a workout on it's own, shocking shoulder mobility and half the grip strength I used to have. Being on flexi-hours at work, and the gym being 24h, means I shouldn't have any issues getting my subscriptions worth, only downside is that it's central Cambridge, so if I don't get there early enough i'll be leaving bang on traffic o'clock.

EDIT:

Also - bacon, cheese and brioche rolls for lunch. Score!

10. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

and finished, my first portfolio piece on the road to a new career. now to make another mesh

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

IanW, adidan and Arboreal like this.
  11. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

Wow, that AK is amazing! I particularly like the wear/dirt/corrosion added to it, especially where the varnish has gone from the wood.
    I have a friend who was a photographer & designer for over 20 years and was made redundant; he's trained himself up on Blender to to 3D modelling and visualisations.
    He's just started a business hand making jewellery - with a difference. He has made a 400mm cube CNC machine to cut casting wax, and is making incredible parts from his 3D models.
    GLW your new career. Excellent work :thumb:

12. Vault-Tec

Pizza Hut Beef Brisket pizza. Oh.my.god.

13. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Passed the motorcycle Module 1 test on the first attempt this morning. I had a training session yesterday afternoon and I got really stressed out afterwards, felt like it was a complete and utter disaster. This morning I was convinced I was going to fail, but I only picked up one minor fault "rider fault".

Vault-Tec likes this.
  14. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Autumn. Forgot how much I missed the changing colours after a couple of years of mainly evergreen. Roll on winter, two summers in a row are enough for me, I want me some snow :)

Vault-Tec likes this.
  15. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

What summer?

16. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

I owe nothing on my credit card as of today. I can feel a bit of spend coming on.

Vault-Tec likes this.
  17. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Well I had a summer in NZ followed by the one here, that I guess wasn't quite as 'summery', but it was summer nonetheless :)

18. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

Sold some photos, just back from a fun (if hectic) work trip to Europe, sitting in my room with my dog curled up at my feet. Can't complain!

19. Vault-Tec

I've been over paying my bills for about two months now. Well, not over paying just over saving. I am back to where I was before I bought my Titan XP and new board and CPU which is very nice. Playing with old skool gear is just so bloody cheap. I mean like £8 for a sound card for example FFS.

20. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Depends on your definition of 'old skool,' sadly. I was looking at adding internal SCSI to my Amiga A1200 a while back, so I could use the CD-ROM at the same time as the Ethernet card: about £200. Faster accelerator? £400.