1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What currently makes your life awesome?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

I have seen reds when I travelled around the Borders of Scotland for my job but never in the city. I have no problems them having the nuts but the feeder I have is mesh with a hinged top so perhaps it will figure out how to get at them. I am impressed that it knew they were available as it lives on the other side of my block of flats accross a road and a few trees up.
    May just get a feeder and be done with it.

2. satisfiedwimp

satisfiedwimp Minimodder

My work, family and friends who have been there for me throughout, simply make my life awesome:):thumb:

MLyons likes this.
  3. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

nm

Last edited: 22 Nov 2017
  4. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

Went to Iceland for a long weekend, got engaged, so the to be Mrs told me she's booked us a surprise break to Rome in January.

CodyWA, Vault-Tec, IanW and 5 others like this.
  5. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Congrats dude.

goldstar0011 likes this.
  6. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

Congrats! My condolences to the future Mrs. :D

goldstar0011 and MLyons like this.
  7. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

Congrats, wish you much happiness.
    Rome's amazing, went there 4 years ago and there's so much to see and do. If you love real pizza, I have some recommendations from a good source which arrived the Christmas AFTER we went to Rome...

goldstar0011 likes this.
  8. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Yeah their frozen section is great....

Congrats man. Hoping this one works out better for you :)

9. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

:grin::grin::grin:

Vault-Tec likes this.
  10. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

Thanks everyone

Gonna miss the Iceland jokes :D

Totally different life to what I had before, amazing how 1 person can change your life!

MLyons likes this.
  11. Vault-Tec

Still looking haha. Yeah my second wife was everything my first wife wasn't. For about six months, just long enough to get her claws in.

12. mrbungle

mrbungle Undercooked chicken giver

104 quid RX580 came from Amazon and it isn't DOA.

Bit happys.

MLyons likes this.
  13. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Bought my mate's old AV receiver off him, as he's upgraded to a 4K model. It's so much better than my old combo of TV optical SPDIF -> DAC -> stereo amp. I don't have 5.1 speakers (yet...) but it handles stereo downmixing far better than my previous setup, and having dynamic compression built in really helps. I've always been a bit slow to catch on - took me a while to get a HD TV and it's taken me even longer to get a surround sound receiver!

If anyone's got a pair of Mission 702e floor standing speakers spare.... Be nice to have a matching set of front & rear surrounds.... :grin:

Congratulations man :).

14. Mena

Mena What's a Dremel?

Recently I found myself fond of cooking. I spend most of my spare time in the kitchen and stay with my electric pressure cooker, toaster,blender, coffee maker...I like cooking different delicious foods and drinks according to the recipe. I think I can be a good wife to offer and enjoy great meals with my husband. That is pretty romantic every night with my husband. I love him.

15. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

GAP insurers have not only done their job, but they actually did it QUICK. They only received my paperwork Monday, but since then have checked it all over, argued a higher valuation offer from Admiral and got them to process the claim... Consider me shook.

I was starting to panic a little, as my next finance payment is due to come out on the last day of the month, but it looks like it *could* all be settled before then.

IanW and Arboreal like this.
  16. CodyWA

CodyWA What's a Dremel?

Congrats mate! that she said yes, I could see it an awesome moment.
    And my life awesome because I'm moving across the world to live in the middle of nowhere, I want to start something on my own and hope my business will grow.

17. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I've got today and Friday off this week then Wednesday to Friday off next week :rock:

18. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Excellent, glad to hear it.

I, on the other hand, have been waiting for a valuation for nearly two weeks. :wallbash: Bike dealership has an offer running until the end of the year on the bike I want: £1k off the sticker price on a 3-yr PCP deal with £1 deposit. The insurance better damn well pick their feet up.

19. Vault-Tec

Hoping it makes it awesome.. I just changed my Eon tariff. I was on Economy 7 which is expensive in the day time and cheap at night. When I reviewed it I saw that I was using 75% of the leccy in the day and 25% at night, FFS. Why my ex thought it was a good idea is beyond me.

So yeah, hoping this makes a difference :)

20. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

I sorted out my energy provider not long ago, it certainly is satisfying. British Gas were doing my nut in: they kept increasing my monthly direct debit because their pricing algorithms thought I would be in debit by the time the next "proper" quarterly bill came around. I've tracked my energy usage for over 5 years now, across multiple properties, so I know how much energy I use - I don't need a pricing algorithm making estimates on my behalf.

We went through the same shenanigans every 6 months or so: they'd slowly push my price up and eventually I'd end up in credit with them; I'd call for a refund, reset my monthly payments to what they should be, and in a month or two the whole cycle would start again. The last time they did this they wanted to increase my payments to £125 per month, and according to my estimates (with ~5-10% on top to account for variance) I should only need to pay £60 a month. Green Network Energy quoted me £56 per month for the same energy usage pattern... F- British Gas :).