1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What currently makes your life awesome?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Unfortunately I think it's actually a shat computer program that makes the decisions tbh. They've been taking £43 a month from me (I wish !). Changing plans changed that to £75 which sounds about right. I was paying £85 for pretty much just leccy on Eco 7. What the fudge was my ex thinking? About herself, no doubt. She was the one up all bloody night fidgeting and making the bed shake poking that god damned Ipad.

2. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

It's my day off.

Dropped the missus off at work, picked up a couple of parcels from the courier depot, posted a parcel at the Post Office across town - getting into an argument with the witch behind the counter who accidentally labelled it up as 48hr instead of 24hr and tried to make out it was too late to change it (she lost) - did a little grocery shopping in Tesco (on black friday no less) and got a hair cut.

I was back in the house one hour, to the minute, after leaving to drop the missus off.

Now I have the rest of the day to play with the Amazon Fire Stick I just picked up.:rock:

Byron C likes this.
  3. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

I too am enjoying some much-needed time off. Good chance to catch up on all those little bits and pieces and odd jobs which build up over the week; the things you never seem to find time to do on the weekend...

Like tackling this mess. Ummmm... Send help... pls...

[​IMG]

4. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

The Punisher TV series is, so far (episode one) really damned good.

I liked Bernthal in TWD, and he makes a great Frank Castle.

5. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6 miles all standing up. Progress..

Oh yes. What made it extra awesome. I stopped for coffee at the turnaround point 3 miles from home. I got my wallet out of my ruck sack and paid, then stupidly put it in my coat pocket.

This wallet has my debit cards, ID, green card for the USA and social security card. As well as other stuff like cash etc.

Any way, on the way out the sun was out and the wind behind me. Coming back was a slog. A proper workout. the wind was whooshing in my face and I could not hear anything. Then I heard this faint shouting sound. I ignored it at first, then it happened again.

Turns out because of the wind noise I totally did not hear my wallet falling out of my coat pocket. Three people all came together to stop me. I rode back about 300m to this guy holding my wallet. We had a nice chat as it goes, and a fist bump.

Things like this keep me alive. I hate humanity, but from time to time I am given a dose of humble pie and feel that it's not so bad.

So yeah, that was awesome eh?

adidan and MLyons like this.
  6. Guinevere

Guinevere Mega Mom

Steam Link + GF + Kids + Gang Beasts = Good times

7. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

I don;t care how lazy it makes me look... You're damn right I ordered a takeway from the place <150m away online, and lazier still had it delivered...

adidan and MLyons like this.
  8. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Surprised you didn't ask them to eat it for you too :D

MLyons and Mr_Mistoffelees like this.
  9. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

That’s a cool looking drone. How did the tidying up go?

10. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

Got an appointment this afternoon to go see a man about a 2015 sub 20k miles Suzuki Swift Sport... Mid-life crisis, here I come!

11. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

I have a chronic nasal condition and I felt it was getting worse so thought an appointment with my consultant would be in order. My consultant is an incredible decent guy who had given me his NHS Lothian email address. So I emailed him on the 1st of November and, received a acknowledgement and an appointment for the 27th a couple of days later. If I had gone though the channels deemed acceptable by NHS Lothian that would have meant an appointment with my GP, (three week wait) a referral by letter from him (a few days) wait on appointment (perhaps three months).

Which is the better system for those with chronic conditions?Mind you some consultants will not do this, I was prescribed a medical procedure and on reflection decided that I was not happy with having this. Tracked down the consultants email address and contacted him, his reply was that i needed to be referred to him again by my GP, he was not in the slightest bit interested in my fears. Fortunately I managed to contact the surgeon who readily agreed to see me and when i did told me that the procedure I had been prescribed was totally unnecessary.so come on NHS Lothian join the 21st century and make contacting consultants/surgeons far easier and then you could perhaps cut down on the 7% of unnecessary medical procedures performed each year.

12. David

Grabbed 2x4GB DDR3L 1866 Corsair Vengeance SODIMMs for my QNAP NAS from Maplin for £22.50 :D

13. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I get to mess around with some very expensive :worried: and powerful :rock: hardware tomorrow at bit-tech HQ for a project we are working on :grin:. Should be a very fun and interesting day.

14. David

Yeah, keep it cryptic - it's not like we want to know what goodies you're playing with, or anything. Git. :p

15. MLyons

Keep an eye on our social media and you may see something ;)

16. MLyons

Hint/Tease it involves 10 Quadro P6000s

17. David

Finished early and caught the earlier ferry home. :D

I'll be in the house before 5:30.

Arboreal likes this.
  18. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

Just got home from John Banks Suzuki in Bury At Edmunds.

Tomorrow I will have a 2016 Swift SZ4 Dualjet with 1800 miles on the clock for £157 a month.

I did really, REALLY want the Sport, but for the same money getting a car so much newer, that is much more economical, £0 road tax, cheaper to insure and much less likely to kill me was the sensible option.

19. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Snowing on Savile Row!

20. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

Clearly you did not midlife crisis hard enough.

Guest-23315 likes this.