1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What currently makes your life awesome?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Behemoth

Behemoth Timelord in training

Getting my old Sound Blaster Live 1024 to work on my Media PC :D

Vault-Tec likes this.
  2. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Yes over 50 grand on total, never had so much dosh in my life.

3. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

You need to change your member title, no reason to be grumpy now!

My Airdrop frame arrive this morning (along with some boring stuff like headset and BB), it is beauuutiful!

4. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Breakdance OST. I managed to find a vinyl rip earlier, as FLAC.

Man, it's been a long time. For those of you who don't know when I was a kid I was a bloody good dancer. So good that I led the breakdance team at my primary school. It all ended when I got ran over by a car. I could still dance, but nowhere near as good. Any way, I downloaded the Breakdance OST earlier and there was a song on there I had long forgotten. Loaded it up in VOX and put on my pink beats ( :D ) and man, it took me back. I could literally feel myself spinning around doing a windmill. By the time it ended I was in floods of tears. Amazing what music can do tbh.

I think my withdrawal is starting to fade too. Didn't take any diazepam this morning. Had about three brain zaps when I woke up but that was it. Still a bit volatile (my mum said something short to me earlier and I started shouting etc) but I think it's slowly wearing off.

5. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Got a bunch of flat pack furniture coming on Friday. I love the whole thing of putting flat pack furniture together, from trying to figure out the instructions to wondering why I have so many bits and pieces over.

6. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

An impact driver makes putting flat-pack furniture together at least a million times better. Such a satisfying tool to use anyway, but even moreso when it's total overkill.

7. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

8. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Lots of torques on that bad boy

9. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I'd be scared about ripping the thing to shreds based on my prior flatpack experience.

10. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

18v and 5Ah are massively overkill for domestic use. I had a 14.4v Makita impact driver when I was putting ceilings up for a living and the 3Ah batteries that used would last plenty with HEAVY use, and charged so quickly even when I was going full throttle the spare would always be fully charged before the one I had plugged in ran dry.

That thing would tear flat pack apart with barely a squeeze of the trigger.

11. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

I put together a trio of Ikea Kallax units, along with accompanying doors, drawers and boxes, with a Makita DTD146 on Sunday - it did an awesome job. Obviously care is needed so as not to destroy... basically everything it touches... but it went together easily and in record time.

It was an excellent way to purge the rage from actually going to Ikea on a Sunday.

Arboreal likes this.
  12. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

<squealing noises>

MLyons likes this.
  13. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

nothing major has broke today... yet

adidan likes this.
  14. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

There's plenty of time to break a motherboard or corrupt a load of image files.

15. MLyons

I didn't actually corrupt the image files, I merely made it so when articles were saved they broke the link to the images. The actual images were fine. I doubt the motherboard one. I'm just following my udemy course for the rest of the day.

16. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

Never! I'll never go back to anything less than my 5Ah 18V Makita kit. Makes destroying my house a breeze. So easy I even got the mower, strimmer, and hedge trimmer.

17. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Stuff like that is immensely satisfying, especially on old OSes that have issues with IRQs and etc. I used to have to force set my IRQs in BIOS BITD. Otherwise you would get a problem if you put a sound card in the PCI slot directly below the GPU. Or was it the other way around? you had to put the sound card in the next PCI slot for Direct X to be able to address them easily? something like that.

Messing with IRQs was pro work, though. Very finicky indeed were mobos back then ! VIA were the worst !

18. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

I was just giving you a couple of options :)

19. walle

walle Minimodder

Never thought this would be my first post in this thread.

Wife is pregnant with our third child and I’m really excited about the new addition to the family. :D

The possibility of three girls then, four with wife included, good grief even the cat is female.:)

20. Behemoth

Behemoth Timelord in training

Messing with IRQs was the work of a wizzard. I used some guides from YouTube and Google and soon got the card running. It just goes to show there is alot of good old hardware out there that is still perfectly fine but companies are more keen to push onto us their latest hardware for maximum profit. I've also been reminded how much better this card sounds VS on the onboard audio :D The difference is night & day.