1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What currently makes your life awesome?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 28 Oct 2009.

1. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Swinging the banhammer Super Moderator

Could be a case of the old 'if it sounds too good to be true'

2. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

That'd be a scam, then. Stick the image into Google Images reverse search, and I'll bet you'll find the real source. Whatever you do, don't actually buy it.

3. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

You would be correct. It seems they took an image from an ad on gumtree then flipped it 180 degrees to make it the right way up. Seems someone else has already brought it.

4. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

*twitch*

The_Crapman likes this.
  5. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Was hoping you would catch that. :hehe:

6. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Yeah people don't sell gpus for those prices on ebay, there's no reason for them to do that.
    So either hacked account, general scam etc.

7. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Laughing at people at work all going on about the football labelling the England Team as heroes and doing every English football fan proud, and the responses to my comment about them, football players should never be classed as heroes all they do is kick a ball around a pitch and dive on the floor from a small breeze of wind, real heroes are the likes of Police, Paramedics, Nurses, Army etc etc not some over paid pre-madonnas.

Will paste it below, but they all think I am mad and need to move to another country or support another team instead because "I am clearly not English" so funny and I don't know anything about football LOL.

"Love all the comments of "they did us proud" over the news and social media really?

They lacked any form of attack they preferred to go all the way back to the goal keeper at every chance they got.

They scored a goal and then sat back and tried to defend inviting them in and they did it in every game.

I'm sorry but they are a joke none of them apart from Pickford deserve to wear the shirt.

They got lucky to get to where they did, but they didn't face any real threats until Belgium and Croatia and they lost both games because they are just not good enough.

Far as I am concerned the England team should be made up of players not from the Premier League but the lower leagues, at least they will put in effort and will be proud to where the shirt and not just be looking for the next move to a new club for more money.

Maybe one day the England team will be good enough to actually perform at the World Cup and Euro's but this team like most before them are just not good enough and won't be good enough."

MLyons likes this.
  8. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Thanks to the awesomeness of forum members, my PC is alive again after I released the magic smoke! :grin: (TL;DR: Fried something on my board when connecting an mSATA device; replacements are stupidly expensive; bought replacement from a forum member who paid the same price I originally did and never got around to putting it to use.)

RedFlames likes this.
  9. MLyons

10. Gareth Halfacree

Book Update - Bupdate, if you will, and I insist you do:

Had to write a project because all the projects they already have don't work/don't use all the features/are crap/all of the aforementioned, which is now written and integrated into the chapter. Put a tick next to that box, then.

Just working on updating the camera chapter now, because some things are changing between now and when the book will hit shelves (and if they haven't, that's their fault). Soon tick that, too.

That only leaves me with the Further Reading appendix, which they were supposed to be providing me with a list of things they want mentioning but haven't actually bothered to - so they're getting whatever springs to my mind tomorrow and that's their lot.

A week still on the clock.

Winning.

The_Crapman, adidan and MLyons like this.
  11. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

TEH CUTE!! IT IS TOO MUCH!!!

12. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Generosity of forum members :)

Oh and another England match this afternoon.

13. Canon

Canon Reformed

I just powered up my AMIGA 1200 for the first time since '95? Had to buy a new powerbrick but absolutely worth it to hear that sound again.

Byron C and Gareth Halfacree like this.
  14. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

It's a sunny Saturday, I have nothing to do except drink beer and sand stuff.

And make horrific smells with fibreglass resin.

The_Crapman likes this.
  15. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

I keep meaning to dig mine out and see if it still lives (and if any of the floppies still read ok).

Where did you get your replacement power brick from, as a may of interest?

16. Canon

Canon Reformed

Quick eBay search threw up a handful ranging from £15 to around £29.99, figured it would be worth picking up now considering I have a small rooms worth of the floppies in the old key lock drawers (sorted with dividers too!) and I know someone has the original box!

17. MLyons

Another one of them
    [​IMG]

18. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

I got my Atari STe back online early last year. It's been gathering dust for a little while because I really need a CRT TV to run it on, an LCD just isn't the same and compatible monitors cost a fortune these days. All my floppy disks got lost somewhere amongst our many house moves (though I'm hopeful that I may yet find a hidden stash in my mother's loft somewhere) so I ended up replacing the floppy drive with a hardware emulator that lets me use USB sticks.

Got my eye on a 28" B&O BeoVision MX6000 CRT TV that's been listed on ebay a while; the listing ends tonight, there hasn't been an opening bid after at least 2 weeks, and there's no reserve - I'm hopeful that people are put off by the fact that it's collection only...

Gareth Halfacree likes this.
  19. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

And now you've told us all about it, D'oh!

20. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

You wanna drive near to Cardiff to pick it up? ;)