1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What currently makes your life awesome?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

£0 Road tax

click, click, done :grin:

2. TheMadDutchDude

TheMadDutchDude The Flying Dutchman

I love this new Ultrabook. So happy right now. :D

3. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Git, even my motorbike costs ~£15 per year! :thumb:

4. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

The trick is to own a April 2013-April 2017 car that chucks out less than 100 carbons. (Like mine! :D)

5. TheMadDutchDude

Where’s the fun in that? :D

Mister_Tad likes this.
  6. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

ECU modding is fun. :thumb:

7. TheMadDutchDude

Well, that's probably true. I've not actually changed anything in my truck as of yet. I wouldn't mind pulling an extra 100 ponies out of there, though. Shouldn't be too difficult. :)

8. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

mine happily took a 35hp increase but depending on the strength of the block, rods and rings a 100hp might be a push.

9. TheMadDutchDude

It should be alright in the Hemi, I would have thought. :)

The_Crapman likes this.
  10. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

It's looking like I may Just get away with wearing my current suit to the wedding at the weekend. I'll be restricted to walking like a robot but it beats clothes shopping.

11. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

[​IMG]

The_Crapman, IanW, Gunsmith and 3 others like this.
  12. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

I wish I had that much debt... mine is much more.

Its manageable and granted not necessarily credit card but its debt and it sucks. I'm just glad I'm past a period of my life where I basically felt like financially we had no way out... We've come far...

I guess what makes it awesome is slowly paying it off and 2 - 3 years down the line we'll be debt free having learnt a very very hard lesson

Last edited: 13 Sep 2018
    TheMadDutchDude likes this.
  13. TheMadDutchDude

We also have a mortgage, but that doesn’t count towards it.

I’m glad to hear you’re making progress. Hopefully you’re not paying significant APR penalties.

Debt is difficult, especially when one half wants to spend and the other wants to save to move up the property ladder...

No big deal. The wife and I make a pretty decent living, so we are able to pay off the debt and get back on track. :)

14. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

All summer I have been out and about. Made a friend, and had one of the best summers of my life ever, anywhere. I really didn't realise what a great place I live in. Mostly I have discovered Southsea, and Portsmouth, thanks to a now very good friend. What a summer I had.

I started out riding to lose weight and dieting. Had some fun, and some injuries..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Which is what you get for riding a concrete bowl for the first time in your life at 44 years old. It was this one that bit me.

[​IMG]

I wanted to get up sideways and whip it. I did just that, but it all happened so fast I ended up running out of ramp and just slid down it lmao. In shorts...

I went to my first ever pro comp.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Got sun burnt, laughed a lot and lost quite a bit of weight.

So much that when my mother told me to buy a pair of jeans for the wedding I am going to next week I said "I have a pair in the wardrobe I out grew three years ago.." turns out they are a 40" waist. For a laugh I figured I would try them on. They are at least two inches too big.

So I have gone from being a 46 to a 38. Thing is? I've never had so much fun in my life. I am paying the price in pain (my hands are going, and I am sure it is arthritis) but I tell you what I've never, ever felt so alive standing atop a 12ft deep concrete bowl and just going for it.

15. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

16. TheMadDutchDude

Seeing a 120 hour pay cheque hit your bank with 29 of those at time and a half... phwoarrrr. :D

Shame it all has to go towards the credit cards and other various bills. However, on the positive side of things, we are now down to <$3800 on the one card and $4550 total debt on the cards. Woo! A few more cheques like that, and we will be debt free at long last.

David likes this.
  17. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

That new Eminem album is fantastic. None of it made sense, so I spent a couple of hours reading up on it etc.

Rap I understand, without needing to take an overdose of prescription meds. Really is a breath of clean, fresh air. Long live the king.

18. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

Remember when people were worried about the longevity of SSDs?
    [​IMG]

TheMadDutchDude likes this.
  19. TheMadDutchDude

I’m one step closer to having my rear view camera completely installed. The harness has been run, the power is in... just have to hook it into the radio and into a cable in the PDM under the steering wheel. So close! :D

20. Pliqu3011

Pliqu3011 all flowers in time bend towards the sun

Just came back from an awesome vacation with a bunch of mates in Sardinia. Most fun I've had in a long time. (The sun was absolutely lethal though)