1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What currently makes your life awesome?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

Considering that post was completely legible - not enough.

2. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Must be **** beer then.

adidan, Vault-Tec and MLyons like this.
  3. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Not enough if you still realise you're at a wedding

Vault-Tec likes this.
  4. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Well his counting skills have gone. He must be close..... :D

adidan likes this.
  5. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

It was my girlfriend's friend's wedding - for reasons I don't quite understand that sort of situation seems to keep me compus mentus far longer than any other beer event. If it's my friend's wedding then I'll be ****ed up and puking before midnight if it's her friends I can hold my own in a debate and navigate home despite having left a wake of beer glasses.

It must also be said that my beer drinking counting goes "1, 2, many", so numerical accuracy is not entirely guaranteed.

However! I did find a Spawn mural in a child's playground in a city centre. So totes worth it.

perplekks45 likes this.
  6. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

11 weeks into my transformation (as I know call it) I'm somewhere between 13st 9lb and 13st 7lb. We have two sets of scales and the mrs insists the heavier scales are accurate. Either way I've lost I'm not super conscious on the number.

I found a body analysis printout from June 2015 which recorded my weight, BMI, BF% as just over 12st, normal for my height. This was as I started my current office job leaving my hustle and bustle hot kitchen job behind. 3 and a half years later I'm 15st 3lbs, the wrong side of 30% body fat having really letting myself go. So progress has been made!

Probably stick at this for 12 weeks or more, target is about 15% body fat before I increase my calories and try build muscle with a proper bulking diet and weight training.

In 3 weeks I get my left sleeve reworked and I've paid a pretty badass lettering artist to draw me something up for my right arm to begin work on that. He should have the design done by the end of the week!

To top it off I bagged myself a new watch the other day for a bargain on eBay which should be at home when I leave work

7. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I don't know what kind of bulking you're planning on, but wouldn't it be better to wait until after you get swole to do tattoo stuff - 'cos otherwise it'll stretch out on your new, mahoosive biceps.

8. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Root canal is done and have the rest of the day off work. Huzzah

perplekks45 likes this.
  9. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

So the left sleeve is pretty much going to be reworked in regards to going over the old to freshen it up rather than covering it up, Haven't really planned much for the other besides having the design ready to go because he's so hard to pin down. He's doing the design to be actually tattooed by someone else due to living miles & miles & miles & miles away. I doubt that'll be done until the end of this year.

Bulking wise I'm going more for an athletic look rather than eating 6000 calories and pumping HAUGE weights to go full blown arnie. just more proportionate body shape rather than swole.

10. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Balls, is that what I'm doing wrong? I've got the 6,000 calories down pat, but somehow never seem to get around to lifting any weights...

11. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

"Everybody wants to be a bodybuilder, but nobody wants to lift no heavy-ass weights." :D

Just decided to try and lose a bit of weight myself, heavier than I've ever been (just) but no stronger so no excuse for it.

12. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

I've always maintained that if you can carry the barbell set home from Argos, you never needed it in the first place! :p

GeorgeStorm likes this.
  13. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

It's pizza night, two fer Tuesday.

Only, I was recently diagnosed with diabetes, so large carb dumps like several slices of pizza are a no no. So I ordered pizza for the wfie and kids and drove to the supermarket to buy myself an gurt big fooking steak. And some salad.

It was lush.

14. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

15. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Pfff, I had mine delivered. Parcel Force man didn't know what hit him.

Irony of ironies, I mostly use the weights at the gym 200 yards from my house anyway, so it was all for nothing, poor man.

16. Modsbywoz

Modsbywoz Multimodder

Just signed up to the Halo Master Chief Collection Beta. Will be interesting to see how optimised the ports will be.

liratheal likes this.
  17. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Did you sign up for the beta or sign up to be considered for the beta? Because that's all I could find.

18. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Went to old flat today to pack up my entire PC, peripherals and all of the wiring. It went well. My PC is now encased in about 60m of bubble wrap which ended up about 2" thick. I then used an entire roll of fragile tape on it, the rest is up to God. I'm praying it makes it to the new flat unscathed.

Today it was also time to order all of my summer clothing before spring happens and the prices of shorts and Ts sky rockets. I went to the Nike store online and bought 4 Ts, 4 pairs of shorts, a Dri Fit tracksuit and..... A pair of bloody trainers. That always seems to happen. Still, the entire lot cost me £250 and Nike stuff lasts for years.

Absolutely pigging knackered now. I had to walk around the PC about 30 times, then again with the tape. I'll get a pic when I'm back there it looks so funny :D

Not much left now. Just the modem, router and NAS to pack and my job is done.

IanW and perplekks45 like this.
  19. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

The generosity of bit's membership...

thanks to @lancer778544 my pc sucks a little less than it did yesterday.

plus I can now start dicking around with tensorflow and similar.

IanW, adidan, Vault-Tec and 2 others like this.
  20. lancer778544

lancer778544 Multimodder

Glad to be of assistance :)

IanW, adidan, Vault-Tec and 1 other person like this.