1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What currently makes your life awesome?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 28 Oct 2009.

1. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

If only these meat sacks were even remotely as resilient to the ravages of time as they are good beer.

2. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Finally - finally - put that PC Pro Mini-PC Labs thing to bed. Well, very nearly: everything's written, I just need to go through and double-check I haven't written anything stupid(er than usual) and p'haps scare up a couple more pretty pictures to illustrate the full-page boxout bit and buyer's guide.

And with that done, I might find time to build up my shiny new Ryzen system this weekend - going from four-ish cores to eight cores, 16 threads, 32GB of RAM, and my first discrete GPU since the GeForce 9800. Excite!

adidan, perplekks45 and Arboreal like this.
  3. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Pics or it didn't happen, you know that.

4. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Ta-da:

upload_2019-3-28_10-35-3.png

Oh... you mean the build. Well, I'll see what I can do.

perplekks45 likes this.
  5. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

One reason why a Full Scottish always beats a Full English - haggis

Nom a nom nom nom

David likes this.
  6. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Got the lettering design through from the artist for my next new tattoo, so much better than I expected... totally worth the wait. In under two weeks I get my left sleeve reworked so I'll have opportunity to discuss adding this to my right arm with the artist.

Might go get the high res version printed and framed for the wall behind my desk

7. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Fat Friday but not sure on Burger King, KFC or the burger van.

8. Zoon

Zoon Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

Now I'm thinking of going to the greasy spoon van for lunch to have 2 bacon, 2 sausage and 2 egg in a huge subway roll....

9. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Every Friday and sometimes another day of the week here.

10. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Already had bacon, egg, sausage, hash browns, grilled tomato, beans and HAAAGGGGIIISSSS!!!! NOM!!!!

11. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Today be payday, so chippy tea tonight :D

MLyons likes this.
  12. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Payday, following the theme I'm opting for a 1/2lb cheeseburger, lashings of sauce with a large side of chips from the kebab shop and a coooooooool beer tonight!

I've also paid of my phone contract today so now pay £16 for a sim deal instead of £56 for airtime & device plan

Last edited: 29 Mar 2019
  13. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Canadian Government suddenly refunded me a big chunk of the fees from my botched up visa application, apparently because they felt like it, despite every form you fill in making it very clear that fees are not refundable under any circumstances.

That's a nice(ish) surprise.

14. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

The missing keys that were ruining SWMBO's life have reappeared thankfully.
    That means everyone in the house will now relax and not be stressed out either.
    Oh, and a stag do from 5pm at the local ale House. Ideal for older budgerigars like me :cooldude:

15. MLyons

DesignDoge, adidan and maxlxyd like this.
  16. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Randy Marsh as Lorde is just hilarious.

Oh, and Gelnika.

Edit: the tingle of lots of loud music. Russkaja's front man knows how to work a crowd.

Last edited: 29 Mar 2019
    The_Crapman likes this.
  17. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Started playing division 2, game crashes and bsod pops up. Restart straight into another bsod, restart to Windows loading page and crash. What the hell, why is the rear fan spinning up so much? Get into bios, CPU at 72C :eeek: What the hell it doesn't get that hot after hours of gaming. Oh, pump isn't spinning. Bollocks it's dead. F f f f f f. There's 60 quid gone and hours of faff to come.

Rip back panel off, everything seems connected, no coolant anywhere. Strip the electrical tape from around the pump cable connections and one of the power cables has been pushed out the 4Pin male :rollingeyes:

All working again. HUGE relief. Back to gaming.

IanW, adidan, liratheal and 2 others like this.
  18. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

4 days of nothing but blue skies. I've half killed myself working getting the flat operational but it's gone quite smoothly.

Other than the fact ikea sell odd sized mattresses that don't actually fit their own beds (I've cut it down, my bedding will fit it now) and the tumble dryer eating a full duvet set it's gone well.

IanW and Arboreal like this.
  19. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

IKEA do both standard and Euro sized mattresses (and beds, and bedclothes) these days. You just have to be careful what you buy.

20. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

Sorted out some components that have been hanging round and upgraded a PC for my friend's son.
    When I visited @Vault-Tec a few weeks ago to help tidy and pre move some kit, he kindly donated some gear which he could have sold on.
    One of the items was a nice Haswell i5, which I dropped into the FrankenPC that I knocked up for my friend's son, so that he had a rig to play PUBG and be the 4th squad member when he's available.
    It's now had a new 240GB SSD, i3 bumped to i5 and a nice quiet NB eloop 120mm rear fan. The latter 2 courtesy of the V-T Red Cross parcel :thumb:
    All he needs now is to replace my loan GTX660 with something a bit better and a beefier PSU than the cobbled in 450W SFX unit that's in at the moment.

BTW, glad you're all moved in to your penthouse palace and settling down well V-T. You deserve a decent home at last fella.